Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This picture pretty much sums up how I felt about this weekend! So much fun to be with all my girls!
We got off to a kind of rough start. Showed up at the airport Thursday night only to find out that I had booked our tickets for Friday. Really???? I know. I'm losing it. I was so glad Candice was with me. Even though it was a pretty huge mistake, she just laughed about it and made me feel a lot better. I'm pretty sure I would have been crying if I had been there by myself.
So Kelley had to come back and pick us up. The only good thing about that was that I was able to go to Ryan's wedding reception (Candice and I dressed in our jeans...she was wearing one of K.C.'s old sweatshirts...going into the Joseph Smith building...little bit embarrassing...it was super fancy!) The reception was lovely and Ryan and Jill looked very happy.
So we tried it again on Friday night. Camille was picking up Katie at about 8:00 and our fight didn't get in till almost nine so they had to wait a little bit for us, but it all worked out!
Liv loved her Tinkerbell umbrella I brought her. Not sure why she wanted an umbrella, not a lot of rain in AZ, but she had asked me if I would bring her an umbrella. I was glad I came across this one with Tinkerbell on it (her favorite right now) at Target




I took Camille some tulips from the garden. She loves tulips and we had some real pretty purple and yellow ones blooming so I just wrapped them up and carried them in my purse. They opened up real pretty when they got warm in her house.
Candice took Katie a nursery rhyme book she had come across upstairs that Grandma had given to Kate for her first birthday. It was a real classic and the pictures brought back a lot of memories as we thumbed through it. I bet I read those poems and stories a hundred times to all of the kids. Candice is kind of sweet and thoughtful like that. She brought Camille a nice cook book.

It felt good to just relax and spend time with the girls. I think Camille had stocked her kitchen with everything we could ever want to eat. She is a great hostess and took good care of us!

We went down to the swimming pool Saturday. It was a beautiful day...not too hot but just warm enough to be able to get in the water and play.
Olivia is such a good swimmer! When we first got there she just ran and jumped in at the deep end! I was like " WAAAAAAIT!!! where are your floaties?"
It didn't take long to see that she doesn't need them anymore!
A bunch of other kids came to the pool and she had to establish right from the start that they were all friends. "Hi friends! do you want to swim with me?"....such a sweet heart. I don't know if I can stand it when she has to go to school where not everybody will want to be her friend!
We went bowling Saturday afternoon and had a lot of fun.

Liv got more strikes than anyone1

We met Gary and Bev at the cutest restaurant called Tia Rosa Saturday night. They are great people and I'm so grateful for all the love and support they give to Camille's little family.

Lots of snuggling time



Doing the calipater move


Stopped in Kingman on the way home and ate at Chiles there.
There was some serious road construction along the way so we didn't get to the Hoover dam till it was pretty dark. It was still pretty amazing to see.


We got to Vegas and were pretty excited when we saw the place Kellen had booked for us to stay. It was called South Point. It was pretty new and a great big resort and spa. We went to check in and Camille asked if we could get a cot in the room. The guy said he could just move us to a bigger room. It was huge! Right up there with the JW! and for 47 bucks!
Kellen- you're the man!

Monday morning we took Kate to the Las Vegas airport (MADNESS!!!) and headed for home. We only stopped a couple of times and made it home in record time!
Kelley has been working hard around here. The bathroom project is mostly finished and looks great! I love how he always does such a good job at what ever he does. What started out to be ...could you patch up that hole that I burned in the cabinet... to taking out the whole cabinet and refinishing it... new lights, blinds and repainting the whole room.
Thanks dear...you are the best!Now we have 3 fabulous weeks to be with Camille and Olivia! Doesn't get any better than that...except maybe if Kate could be here too!


4 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

Not your typical "still shot" haha. Oh my gosh that was way too much fun. I love you mommy.

Camille said...

Best road trip ever! Thanks for coming to fetch me!

kat said...

I'm dying laughing right now...I forgot about the 'still shot' mom...i can't even look at the pictures from Chili's without busting out in tears (the laughing kind...u guys know what I mean.) see you Friday! xoxo

Angie said...

So glad I got to see you guys! You always make me smile. I wish Kate would have been there then it would have been perfect! I am jealous that Camille gets to stay so long lucky! I hope you have a fun time love ya:)