Thursday, May 27, 2010

My heart is full as I look back with gratitude at the way K.C. and our whole family have been blessed. Hearing about his experiences and being able to see how much he has grown...well there's just nothing that could make me happier.
Every Wednesday morning is just like Christmas for me.... I somehow automatically wake up about 5:00 and fly downstairs to the computer to see how his past week has gone. His words always brighten my day and lift my spirits. After being gone for nearly 11 months, he is still the same funny, sensitive, smart, compassionate kid, but times that by 10 and don't divide it.
It's pretty cool when you can see what the Lord can do when you put a piece of precious clay in his hands and trust him to take good care of it and to make something beautiful from it....

Hey Mom,
How are you doing? Sounds like you had a way good week, we had a really good one too. We had a really good week last week, we achieved all of our goals and our whole mission set new records for lessons taught and new investigators. I learned a lesson about how fasting this last Sunday, we are supposed to find 2 new investigators a week and by Saturday night we still didn't have any new investigators, so we decided to fast on Sunday and find some. So we fasted. While we were waiting for sacrament to start a member from Kohovsky branch came, she is the wife of the branch mission leader, I sent a picture home once, anyway she talked to a guy on the street and invited him to come meet us, so there was our one new investigator. And the second was the husband of a woman from Armenia who is in our branch, he came to church for the first time and stayed the whole time and wanted to meet with us this week. And the last one we were just walking around talking to people on the street by our branch and we talked to a guy who had been to our church before because his friend invited him, but had lost contact because he was busy. We taught him about the blessings that God has for those who obey His commandments and he wanted to meet again. I was so amazed at the way that the Lord answered our prayers and our fast. Incredible. I love you Mom, I'm doing really well and I'm really happy.
Elder Jensen

Hey Dad!
Snow?! No way. It has been rainy here, so we had to cancel our zone p day :(. We had a way cool experience last night, we were walking through a park by our house and then we heard these people yelling at us to come join them in their picnic, but we didn't really want to because they were kinda drunk and we had an investigator with us...i don't have time. next week. Love you!
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Kelley Carson Jensen
To: Katie Jensen
Sent: Wed, May 26, 2010 12:50:57 AM
Subject: Re: test


Hey! You passed the test! I got the pictures. I like the one where I'm sleeping, I don't remember that at all. How did your sunday school class go? I bet it was fantastic, wish I could have been there to listen. The weather has been rainy here lately, which is fine until you plan the coolest zone p-day ever and then it rains and cancels it. Oh well. I'm glad to hear you got to go hiking. I have been out of the city and into the woods a few times this last week and it has convinced me that I will never live in a big city. Everytime I leave I feel like I take off some weights or something that I have been carrying around for a long time. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel good when I'm out there. I love Moscow, but no city can compare to what God created. I Hope that you are doing great. Love you!
Elder Jensen

No comments: