Monday, May 17, 2010

This is the last email I got from K.C. and one he sent to Kate. Love the pictures!
Mark called a few weeks ago and told us that Taylor's gymnastic coach who is from Russia has a brother who had been here visiting him and was going back to Russia this last Wednesday. He said he would take a package to K.C. if we wanted him to. We met up with them on Mother's day when they were out on patrol with Mark and we were down town putting some flowers on Maxine's grave. They were both really nice. Taylor's coach (Illya) speaks English real well, but his brother ...not at all, so Illya would tell him what we were saying. We took some pictures together that he was going to take to K.C.
Wednesday night, they all came by to pick up the package. I had put everything into a back pack because Illya told us that his brother (Max) didn't have much luggage, so I thought that would be an easier way to get it to him. When I talked to K.C. on Mothers day, I told him I was going to be able to send him a package and asked him what he needed, he said he needed one of his suits. He said his are getting pretty worn and one has a hole in it. So I found his best looking suit that he had left here and put it in the back pack. He also wanted a new journal and some rechargeable batteries and charger for his camera. I made a batch of those good oatmeal raisin cookies that he likes and put them in too.
I gave him K.C.'s phone number and address and he seemed like he was familiar with the area, and assured me (through his brother) that he would get it to him. I guess I will find out in his email this week. It was sure nice of them to go out of their way to do that for us.
It made me feel kind of close to K.C. as I handed the package over to them and knew in a few days, he would be putting it in K.C.'s hands...probably about as close as I can get for another 14 months!
Hey Mom!
Man it was so great to hear your voice on Sunday. Our week was fantastic, but I already told you about that on the phone, so I thought I would just tell you what I'm doing this week and then send a bunch of pictures. I think I forgot to tell you that President Cranney called me and my companion to be zone leaders, so on Tuesday we have to give a sort of presentation to our mission, so I’m a little nervous about that, maybe you could pray for us. We are having a big meeting this Sunday with all of the members from Moscow in one big hall, so that will be interesting to see what they are announcing. Ilya still hasn’t called me, so I hope that it will work out. my address would be Leningradskoe Shosse 24 and I don’t know which apartment so he will just have to call when he wants to meet and we will go meet him. I love you so much mom, I hope that your week is great.
May 12, 2010

Hey Kate, I got your package yesterday and I loved it. I wore one tie yesterday and the other one is around my neck right now. Thanks so much. I also put all of the candles on the cupcakes and lit them. I will send a picture. I loved talking to you on Sunday...love you Kate!

This is Elder Grover and I on Easter. We tried to dye Easter eggs with onion skin because someone told us it would work and I guess it does work... if you want weird yellow eggs.

Me and Alekcie from Moldova


This is my new companion and I 20 minutes ago outside the post office. Sorry, bad picture, but I just wanted to send one of us.



Me and Elder Grover with Alekcie
This is one of my favorite people his name is Marat. He is an inactive man that we worked with in Kahovsky.

Me and Elder Grover at a Castle

This is Sleeping Beauty, the ballet we went to.


This is my old ward mission leader, his name is Maxim. He is such a great guy and his son is like a genius. If I could ever speak Russian as well as him I would be so happy.






No comments: