Monday, June 8, 2009

So this was kind of a wierd thing. K. C. and I went shopping down at the missionary mall in Orem today. We walked in there and the guy that works there comes up and starts talking to us. He asks K.C. where he is going on his mission and when he says "Moscow, Russia" this girl that was standing at the check out counter says "Hey, me too!" She is going into the MTC the same day as K.C. then going to the same mission. They have you put a pin in the huge map there to show where you are going. Very cute! I am sure after spending the next 3 months learning russian together, they will become great friends.
After we got done there, we had a turkey sandwhich at Kneaders, then went over to the Distribution center to get his garments. We had a fun day together. I am starting to feel this last month slip away too quickly. I want to hold on to and treasure every precious moment. I am so glad that K.C. has always liked to be at home with his family. He's got a great group of friends and they are together quite a bit, but he has always put his family first and has a great relationship with each of his sisters, and with Kelley and I. It is going to leave a great void when he is gone, but i guess thats a good thing because that means he has filled up such a big space in our hearts.


We went over to visit Grandpa last night. He seems like he is doing pretty good. He is going to try to be the veil worker to take K.C. through when he takes out his Endowment this thursday. I hope he can do it. That would be extra special. He has been out working in the yard and it looked beautiful! The roses are amazing! The blossoms are HUGE!



































































































KC. Kelley and I went up to Strawberry saturday morning. They had the slips ready so we could leave the boat there this time. It was pretty windy and cold...hello??? It's June! Is it every going to get warm? We had a lot of fun anyway. K.C. caught 4 fish, I caught 1...Kelley skunked!
hehe!




















































Kelley's "I can't catch any fish but I can show you my chewed up licorice" face.
















Me: "how is my hair?"
K.C.: "It looks good!"








K.C. had Travis fill in the spaces between his teeth. Finally done with the Orthodondist! What a great smile! If that doesn't win over the Russians, I don't know what will!






Megan and Ryder came over for dinner on friday night. She is getting ready to go on tour for the summer. Her mom is helping her out so she can have Ryder with her while she is rehearsing for the next few weeks in LA. I hope things go well for her..she has really been through it this past year. I know Candice will sure miss her while she's gone.
Ryder is such a cute little guy. He is just happy to chase Lizzy around with a stick.





























3 comments:

Angie said...

I think KC will be a great missionary and it will be hard to have him there but you can do it. It was really hard for me to have the boys go too but especially phil cuz we have a bond. I hope he has a great experience on thursday at the temple!

lessdirtydirt said...

I'm seriously crying and laughing right now. First grandmas flowers and then ryders hands in the poop. Ahhhhahahahaha

Camille said...

Grandmas flowers look so beautiful! I'm glad we invite our superstar friend over to clean up Lizzies poo! WTF? That video is hilarious though! I can't think about the Boy leaving, it makes me sick. Like its a day that we never thought would come, but its here! AHHHHHHH!