Saturday, June 20, 2009

Good Times...




Thanks for sending me these pictures Candice! So much fun! We need to go back real soon!
(but till we do, great memories make me happy!)

It has been kind of rainy and cool this week but the weatherman was talking about how great it was going to be on friday so we decided to go up fishing. Just like promised, the day was beautiful!
We had a wonderful day...not so much with the fishing...Kelley caught 3, I caught 0 and K.C. caught this stick.












Everything was so beautiful and green, we decided to park the boat and go for a hike.

































We almost got to the top of the mountain, and Kelley's flip flop broke. Very Bad! There was no trail and lots of prickely things to step on. So he kind of shuffled down the mountain and K.C. and I kept going.

















Lots of pretty wild flowers blooming















































We wanted a picture of us together at the top of the mountain so K.C. laid down on this big rock and situated the camera just right with the timer, then ran and got on this shot. He realized after a few minutes that he had gotten bit by bugs when he was laying on the rock!





I was feeling like a big smarty pants because we were looking at the orange lichen growing on these rocks and somewhere in the cobwebs of my highschool biology memories I remembed what they were. So I asked K.C. if he knew what that orange stuff was on the rocks. I should have known better. He not only told me their scientific name, but went on to tell me how they are formed the different varities and under what conditions they grow. Whatever! I knew that. (No I didn't.)

By the time we got back to the boat K.C. was all itchy and had this big bite on his face. Yikes! There was some freaky big red ants. You couldn't stand still very long or they would get all over you. It was ok though cause we sprayed some windex on it when we got in the boat. he he




















So glad we got to spend this great day together.









3 comments:

kat said...

I wish I was there! Mom, we really need the lesson on matching up the pictures with the words, but we all get the idea anyways. I love the action video of your casting skills too! What a beautiful day and amazing pictures. Of course the boy knows the genius and species of all living things-he's the boy! Nice bug bite!

Angie said...

Wow looks like you had a great time! Its so pretty there and I am very impressed with your fishing skills! I am glad you get so many opportunities with KC before he goes.

Camille said...

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!


I wish I was there to go with you guys! Can we please go while we are there? Thanks. Looks so beautiful. Great pictures. Liv will be so excited to fish with gamma and grampa! xoxo