Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Simple Pleasures...

My heart is just feeling really full today for all the simple pleasures I enjoy in my life. So I thought I would mention a few.

First: My adorable granddaughter. How cute is she? When we were at Katie's house she fell in love with this snail out it her courtyard. There was also one on the wall going up the stairs to Katie's apartment that never moved that she was quite concerned about. I think it was petrified to the wall. Anyway, this one was making its way across the cement one night and Olivia wanted to stop and make friends with it. She likes to touch it's little eyes, which I'm sure the snail did not enjoy. When we were done looking at it, and ready to go inside, she said "Where is it's mommy?" She did not want to leave it outside alone without it's mommy. So we showed her a bunch of bushes and said that it's mommy was in there waiting for it to come home. She took it carefully and placed it in the dirt by the bushes. "Bye snail...go find your mommy!"

She called me today to thank me for the package I had sent her. She was so darn cute..."Oh Gramma your the best! Thank you Gramma, I love you!" Doesn't get any better than that.




This was after she had just finished off a Balboa Bar. Best mustache ever.



























Next, my wonderful husband and Father to our children and sweet grampa to Liv. Sunday was Father's day and I hope, a good day for him. I know that Katie and Camille wanted to be here with him so much. Sweet phone calls really brightened his day! Candice came over and helped me make dinner. Megan came over later and ate with us. She was just home for the day so that Ryder could spend Father's day with Kevin. Then she is going to come home next week again to finalize her divorce. Even through all the crap she is going through, she is always cheerful and funny!. She gave Kelley the sweetest card and a nice gift certificate.











Candice gave Kelley these awesome corn on the cob holders (which we didn't waste any time trying out) very cool.
















Could be used as serious weapons if necessary.


Anyway Sunday started out in the middle of the night when I woke up in the in a panic from a horrible dream I had had. It was one of those unprepared dreams where you are supposed to do something important and everyone is watching you and you totally don't know how to do it! I had gotten up to the piano to play for the choir to sing and opened the book and it looked like it was written in another language! I had been so nervous about playing this song for the choir to sing , it was out of the Hymplicity book where they make the accompanimant very beautiful, and the choir sings the melody mostly from the hymn book. I had really practiced it a lot because it was very hard for me, but still felt really unsure of myself. I was extra nervous when Nancy called the day before and said we weren't going to practice again because it was Father's day and it was too hard to get the primary kids (they were singing parts of this song "I know that my Redeemer lives") there early to practice. She was just like..."Oh it will all work out!" I love Nancy and her amazing attitude! I wish I could be more like that!


Anyway, before I left for church, I said an extra prayer that I would be able to play this song without messing up too much. I was pretty nervous right up until the time we were supposed to go up there, then K.C. put his arm around me and said "you will do just fine" As I walked up there, I felt a calming peace come over me and played the song without a mistake. This was definitly one of those times when I give all the credit to the Lord. Thank you thank you!
After church I was walking out to the car and went by the Stake Presidents office. I had the thought come to me to look in his office and say hi. I was already out the door, so I dismissed the thought, but it came again so strong, that I had to turn around and go back in. So I poked my head in his office and wished him happy Father's day. He said " Sister Jensen, Why don't you come in and visit with me for a minute. " So I went in and had a pretty amazing talk with him. First he asked me about Kelley and talked about how much he loves him. I have been getting that a lot lately. He really is an amazing man who is a friend to all and has touched so many lives..I think his sense of humor makes everyone feel comfortable around him and often eases a difficult situation. President' Child said he appreciated so much the way that Kelley is always willing to do anything that is asked of him, and that he can always count on him. Then we talked about our families and what each of the kids was going through right now in their lives. He gave me some wonderful counsel that was important and comforting and helpful for me to hear right now. Once again, I said thank you dear Heavenly Father for noticing me and hearing and answering my prayers.

I'm so grateful for my wonderful daughters. Each one is so unique and different... so beautiful in their own way... I feel so blessed to know that they are mine forever. Each one has their own talents and gifts and it is so amazing to see them use these to lift and bless the lives of those around them. They are each as different as night and day but they all have one think in common and that is how good they are to their parents. They are always loving and respectful, thoughtful and concerned about us and what is going on in our llives. It means so much to me to know I can call on them anytime and just chat. They are all very funny! I know they got their dad's sense of humor cause I'm just not that funny! They can always make me smile. When I can't be with them, just being able to talk to them everyday makes me happy!
I'm really thankful for this great young man and for the time we have been able to spend together. I think I enjoy his company so much because he enjoys the same kind of things and gets pleasure out of the same simple things that I do. Like playing the piano, or reading a good book, or looking at the different flowers in the garden and appreciating the beauty of each one. snap! snap!



He also loves it when I ask him to help me move my pots of flowers around to just the right spot! Thanks for that!

Last night, I went out and picked a bowl of raspberries out of the garden. There's nothing better than fresh raspberries on your cereal in the morning! I also picked a big bowl of peas. Kelley was helping me shell them when he said " you know it's not really worth the effort for the amount of peas you get." He is probably right... you can buy peas for so little, but I guess it comes back to that whole idea of getting pleasure out of the simple things in life. To me, the satisfaction of knowing we grew these peas, and getting to eat about every-other one as I drop them in the bowl, and having a few bags to put in the freezer is worth it to me.








Yummy!






3 comments:

Camille said...

Wow Mom, you always know how to make me think! I'm glad that you taught me to love the simple things in life. We can get so caught up in everything thats going on in our lives that we pass the simple things by. I love your raspberries and peas! It makes them so much sweeter when you have worked hard for them. Love you.

lessdirtydirt said...

You're too cute for words Mom. We sure are lucky girls, and boy.

Angie said...

You do have the most amazing kids! I think they must get that from their parents! Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the simple things in life its just what I needed! I pray for you too! love you