Wednesday, March 22, 2017

This is all backwards in the order it happened, but from beginning to end, these two weeks we spent with the grand kids was a real hoot!
Kellen had a work trip to Germany where he was going to be gone all week and Camille has not been feeling too good, so I decided to go down and help her out a bit. 
This little guy is about as sweet as they come but it's been hard for Camille this time.  She has been suffering from post partum depression.  I think her hormones are way off balance.  She is normally a happy, easy going, fun, optimistic mom that can deal with most anything that comes her way, but this is sending her into fits of anxiety and panic attacks.  Then she will feel so tired, she doesn't want to get out of bed.
It was good to spend the week with her and try to help her out so she could focus on getting herself feeling better.




 Emily was a good helper.  Even when it seems like she is practically climbing all over Jonas "He's so adorable!"  Jonas doesn't seem to mind it at all.  In fact, she can usually get him to stop crying and smile!  You can see the love he has for her in his eyes.
!
 Ok, going in reverse, now Kelley is here with me and Camille and Kellen are on a trip to Cabo that he won for doing such a good job at SAP..  I was glad we could help them out so they could get away.  I was hoping a few days with no responsibilities would help Camille relax a little.  Anywhooooo, Kelley and I took the kids to Chic filet and Yogurt Jungle one night.  It was fun and the kids were great.  They are really good kids!  Jonas had a fit when we were in Yogurt jungle though so Kelley took him out to the car while the kids and I finished up our yogurt.
 They have a fun park just a little ways away from their house so we spent  lots of time over there.  Sam thought climbing on the monkey bars was pretty fun and wanted me to send a video of his best tricks to all the family.
 Jonas is getting so big!  Camille had a hard time satisfying him with nursing, so she switched to formula.  He would take it real good, but then spit up about half of it.  She tried some different formulas and ended up with one that's super expensive and stinky, but he seems to keep it down a little better.  You can see, he is not going without!
 I was so glad Kelley was there with me.  He would get up early with Sam and Olivia and help them get ready for school (they were really great to get up on their own and get dressed) and get their lunches ready.  I was up a lot in the night with Jonas so I sure appreciated that!  Jonas didn't want to sleep much in the day either.  I would just get him to sleep and lay him down, then about five minutes later, I'd hear him crying.  I think I might have lost it if I didn't have Kelley there help me.  I got a reminder of just how hard  it is to be a mom of a new baby and give all moms much respect and mad props!
It 
 One day after we picked up Emily from preschool, we stopped by the cute nursery by Camille's house.  It was so cool to see all the flowers blooming and the vegetable plants looking like ours do in June! I would love to live in a place where you can grow flowers all year round!

 Oh this is Em at preschool.  Her teacher has a little farm in the back with bunnies and goats and other animals.  
 Back to the nursery...
 Kelley saw some real nice tomato plants so we decided we'd come back before we went home and get some.










 Emily is just a little joy.  Completely happy wearing her tutu, swinging  and playing with her troll dolls

 Ok this is back to while Camille was still here.  This place is so great for a pedicure.  The chairs are so comfy, the massage they give you lets you just float away!
Camille and I got the kids all bathed and their clothes ready Saturday night so we could make it to church Sunday morning. I could tell Camille was having some anxiety when we got to Sacrament meeting...I felt like things went really good though.  Jonas was good and all her ward friends were there wanting to help anyway they can.  She really has a great support system there. She was mobbed all the way down the hall with friends wanting to see the new baby and give her a hug.  It makes me so grateful when I see how their family is loved and taken care of.  We had so many people ask to bring meals in or take the kids...Camille is always the one doing that for others in her ward, so even though she didn't want to, I told her she should let people serve her too.  People were stopping by to visit, bringing food and gifts all week. It was pretty special.


 Jonas sleeps better if he's swaddled tight.  Then if he is startled he doesn't fling his arms out and wake himself up. Camille is a master swaddeler!
 Emily has a thing for my lipstick...  and feeling fancy in  her tutu! (She wanted to wear it every day...so we pretty much let her)
Missed being with my honey for Valentines day but Camille and I had a fun day.  She even got me a sweet gift with all my favorite treats!



 That Monday after I got there, Camille had play group at her house! There were about a dozen kids Emily's age that came over. We let them make some cute heart people and decorate heart sugar cookies for valentines day, but mostly, they just wanted to play with toys and run through the house. It was wild, but fun!  I love doing stuff like that!
Kelley likes to keep busy when he's down there so him and Camille went and picked out some rock and he put it down all along the side of the yard.  It looked really nice.  
Later in the week he wanted to mow the lawn.  It had been raining so much, the grass was pretty long.  He tried to get their mower going but it was out of gas so he went and got some but still couldn't get it to start.  He found an old push mower and mowed the lawn with that.  It did a pretty good job!  We found out later that you have to tweak the lawnmower a secret way to get it to start!   Ha Ha!
 Melts my heart!  This one is so full of love!
Saying goodbye to Kelley when he drops me off at the  Provo airport...see you in a week!

No comments: