Friday, March 24, 2017

I had the hardest time getting used to seeing the sun come up over the ocean, it just feels like it should be going down.  Chris got out his map and showed me how Los Barrillis is situated and it made sense on the map...just not in my brain.  Anyway, the sunrises were incredible and the sunsets going down over the mountains were pretty amazing too.

 I woke up to the sound of shoveling and  three guys laughing.  Mark has wanted a garden spot there at his place ever since we helped put one in at Ann and TA's and Kelley was getting stir crazy not doing any work so they decided  today was the day to put one in.
 They got the footings all dug and Mark called Cheppe to get some block delivered.  Next thing you know, a truck pulls into the yard with a load of block and bags of cement.




 Yeah, this is one of those incredible sunsets I was talking about!

 Mark was a sweetie to make us some delicious dinners!  He had a pot of beans on the stove most of the time we were there and I was a little apprehensive in trying them.  Once I did though, I was hooked.  I loved how he just kept doctoring them every day, adding any leftover vegies or meat to the pot.  I don't know what else he put in there but they were great!  He made some yummy fish and shrimp too that even Kelley loved.  We made a cake for Maggies birthday but it got pretty burnt.  I don't think Mark has used his oven since the last time I made a cake in it and when he fired it up, I think he turned it onto weld.  Oh well, we cut the top off and ate it anyway!  It was fun to have Beto over most every day too.  He's such a sweet man and a great friend to all of us.  I think Mark really misses having Kevin around so i'm glad Beto is always there.


No comments: