Tuesday, October 4, 2016



My heart is full after a weekend of General Conference.  The talks were all so good I felt like they were talking right to me!  The music was so beautiful too.  They sang some new songs that were really amazing.  Nothing touches my soul like the music can.  At the general womens meeting they had a choir comprised of all ages of women and young women that was really good.  Before President Utchdorf talked, the choir sang  How firm a foundation.  As they sang the last verse, "I'll never, no never, no never forsake" they had the camera on President Monson.  He had tears running down his face.  It was pretty powerful.

  I thought I'd throw in a few pictures from the rock garden.  It's so pretty right now with the cosmos blooming like crazy.  They have become one of my favorite flowers over the years.  They seem so fragile and delicate, but are the ones that survive through the hottest part of the summer.  Plus they come back every year without even having to tend to them. 
Kelley threw some wildflower seed back behind the waterfall this spring and we kind of forgot about it cause it was out of sight.  Next thing we knew, the whole area was full of three to four foot high pink, white and purple cosmos.  They made a perfect backdrop to the waterfall.
 My cute irrigation cart took a turn for the worst while I was in Arizona. I came home to find them mostly dead.  I'm not naming any names, but sometimes when the boys move it off the lawn to mow, it doesn't get moved back...hence, no water from the sprinkler system.  The rest of the flowers looked great when I got home and and I'm sure grateful to KC, Candice and Katie for getting them watered.  Anyway, I watered the petunias good and within a few days, they started coming back!  




A few pots that  I've neglected that were hidden back behind  some  overgrown mums, making their last hurrah for the summer.
It was good to have Candice over on Sunday.  She had an incident a few days ago where a dog got loose from it's owner and came running into her house chasing Candices' cat.  The cat freaked out when Candice tried to save it and dug her claws deep into her arm. She came over Friday and it was really swollen and red. She had cleaned it out good and put hydrogen peroxide and neosporin on it, but it looked like it was getting infected.  She said it was really hurting too so she went to have the doctor look at it.  He said it was definitely infected and gave her an antibiotic.
In between conference sessions, Katie went dr. pimple popper on her and squeezed out a big hunk of puss and goo. I was downstairs watching a program about this boy from India that had been kidnapped and sold to a family in Utah.  I was glued to it because while I was in Arizona, Tara brought over a birthday present for Camille which was a book that told this boys story.  Camille told me to go ahead and take it home and I've been reading it the past few weeks.  It's really interesting.  Anyway, while I was watching this program I heard this loud scream from outside.  I ran outside and found Katie squeezing more puss out of Candice's arm.


 Toby and Michelle must have heard the scream too because they came over to see what was going on.
They brought over a bunch of boxes too. Toby is always great to bring over any boxes they get for Kate to use for her shipping.  They stayed and visited for a while too.   



That little Talon is such a sweet kid.  He always has a big hug and a smile.
Their new little guy took a liking to Candice.

ice
 Later that afternoon, Kelley and I went for a walk down the canal road.  The leaves on the trees that hang over the road are so pretty right now.


 The wildflower seeds Kelley planted on the other side of the fence have really taken off.  I didn't think they were going to do anything, there was only a random plant here and there and  and they were pretty scrawny. I pulled weeds there a few times this summer and it seemed like there were more weeds than flowers.  Then after being gone for a few weeks, I was surprised to come home and find they had grown and filled in to look pretty good. 
The sunflowers are huge with their heads loaded down with seeds.  I think we'll try to do something with them this year. Last year someone came and stole the heads off of them before we got a chance to harvest them.  
I sure love this time of year.  We've had wonderful warm weather and the garden is still producing beans, squash, tomatoes, broccoli and peppers.  Candice has eaten a truckload of kale from the garden this year.  We somehow ended up with 6 kale plants,(some bumpy and some curly...really nice plants.) and they were huge.  We could have fed kale to the whole neighborhood and still had some to spare. The bees make everything grow happy.  We don't have to look far to see how very much we have to be thankful for. 

      




No comments: