Monday, October 24, 2016

I just have to say I'm really proud of this girl.  She always gives 100 percent to what ever she does and this calling is no exception.
They have been planning this service project for months and it really was a great activity.  They were collecting things to make kits to give to the refugees.  The Relief Society ladies really came though and filled up all the sign up sheets then they showed up to help put them together!  We had a great turn out, probably at least 40 people.  They brought their items and put them on the tables to put into the kits, then everyone sat down and listened to Katie give them a special message about service.  She had lots of information on other things we can do to help the refugees too.  
Kim had given a lesson last month about ways we can help the refugees and it really touched my heart.  I'm going to check into some of the ways they talked about that we can help.






 Kathy had a project going too of making  centerpieces for funerals and events that she had all the ladies help with after the kits were done.
 Katie and I had made a bunch of  different breads for dessert and she made some hot apple cider too that was yummy.
It was a great night that left everyone feeling good cause they were able to help someone out.
Something that stuck in my head was when they said "What if their story was your story?" They told us how these people are just regular people like us...they had jobs and families and homes  but because of war or natural disasters, they can't go back to their homes.  I can't even imagine what they have been through but when I think about it I realize we don't know what the future will bring to us... these are very uncertain times...their story could very well be our story.


No comments: