Thursday, October 13, 2016

A couple of months ago, Taylor started talking about how he wanted to buy a house of his own.  He looked around quite a bit and finally found a condo in South Jordan he liked.  He comes over about every day  and talks about what's going on in his life and I love him like another son.  
After it was all said and done, and he closed on the house, KC said he was going to rent a room in Taylors house.  I was like what? why? what? when? why????  I guess that thought was always there that KC was going to move out someday, I just figured it would be when he got married.  I tried to act like I was excited for him but I guess I'm kind of transparent.  KC could see that I was sad.  He told me he really didn't want to move out, but felt like he needed to try something new and meet some new people.  I get it.  He's a grown man.  I want him to move forward with his life.  I just enjoy having him around, and I'm going to miss him.
The day before he moved out I was sitting on the stairs watching him packing up his things and he looked up at me and I just started to cry.  I tried to not cry, but it had all built up and I couldn't keep it in.  He came and sat down by me and gave me a big hug.  He said "Don't be sad mom, I'll come over all the time...I'm going to miss you too"  He's kind of a special guy.  Always has been.  He's going to make some lucky girl a great husband...seems like he always knows what to say.  I think I'll miss that.  He would always ask me how my day was and what I had been doing, then he'd listen while I'd ramble on about my day.  I'll be forever grateful for the sweet relationship we have.
Kelley and I went over to see his place Saturday night.  It's a real nice home in a nice gated community.   









 It's going to take some getting used to for all of us.  Taylor said he feels like he's sitting in RC willey in his living room...just furniture with no decorations or things like home, kinda empty.  KC has been coming by after work and eating dinner with us and fixing himself a lunch for the next day.  We went shopping yesterday after he got done with work  to get some  staples to stock his shelves. It was nice wandering around Costco and Walmart laughing and talking with him. 
 I'm trying to come to grips with the whole idea but not quite there yet.  Went down to his bedroom today to start cleaning up but after standing there looking at the half empty closet, I just turned around and went right back out.  This is going to take some time.

No comments: