Monday, May 30, 2016

 


Kelley gave me these beautiful hanging baskets for mothers day.  I just love them!
He has given me some for the past few years and there is nothing I could love more.  They were so pretty last year!  They bloomed all through the summer and fall and were still so pretty when it turned cold, I couldn't stand the thought of losing them so I had Kelley put them in his garage, thinking maybe I could keep them alive over the winter.  They lasted for a while, but I think it was just too cold out there and they weren't getting any sunshine so they started dying off.  I'd really love to have a greenhouse to keep plants over the winter and start some seeds early in the spring. 
 Mum's greenhouse was just kind of magical.  From planting seeds, to transplanting, watering, fertilizing, to just sticking a little start of a plant (ha ha that she would nonchalantly pick from a plant she liked at the temple, the park, or the neighbors and shove in her purse) in the dirt... and they would grow! 

The garden is really looking beautiful right now.  I got two Peoney bushes from grandma Jensens yard before they sold it and they are going to be gorgeous this year.  They have got to be one of my very favorites.  


The yellow rosebush is so pretty too!  The blooms are huge!
Kelley has been hating on the pavers that we have around the rose bushes and all the way around the front yard.  It was kind of falling apart in a few places, and i think he just wanted a different look. So Saturday morning I wake up to the sound of sledge hammering and the saw grinding away on the block.  Why is there block filled with cement two feet under the pavers?  Why is there double rebar that he has to saw through?  Because my husband can't build anything just normal.  It has to be the biggest, the strongest, meant to last through an earthquake and all eternity.  Ha ha,  In most cases, this is a good thing, but when it comes to removing the said thing, that's a different story. That foundation did not want to come out.  Kelley and KC sledge hammered, and sawed and picked all morning and finally got it out. It was a huge job.  Toby had rented a big yard cleanup bin and said we could throw our junk in it too so that made it nice cleaning up.  

  

w



All the sledge hammering and picking and drilling was giving my pretty pink roses fits, so I went and trimmed all the ones that were hanging down low.  I trimmed enough to make two pretty vases to take to the cematary.





Kelley and I went over to Lambert and got a bunch of flowers for my pots and beds.  Aren't pansies the cutest?



Candice gave me this awesome pot for mothers day.  I couldn't wait to plant it.  She gave me a hummingbird feeder too and I've already been enjoying watching a cute little hummingbird feeding there.


This is still my favorite pot.  It sat up in the rock garden at mums next to the pond for years.
I planted all color medium size Zinneas over by the wall.  Last year I planted the tall Zinneas and they were beautiful, but so top heavy I had to stake them up or they would fall over.



This is a shot of the Peony bushes today.  They are just loaded with blooms.  I picked some of the more open ones to make some bouquets to take to the Providence cematary.
 I picked  a few roses to go in the arrangements too.  Man those stems are wicked!  But the blooms so huge and beautiful!

I was able to get enough flowers from the garden to make three pretty arrangements.  I sure do love arranging flowers. There's something kind of theraputic about it.




I used to think mum and daddy were kind of kooky taking so many pictures and videos of their flowers.  Now I get it.


No comments: