Friday, May 27, 2016

I'm going in reverse with my blog so if you're confused, join the club.  
We went to California for a few days at the end of April. Jimmy told Kelley he could have their old boat if he would come and get it so that was the main reason we went.   Katie needed to get some succulents for the market,  and get this...Kelley and Katie had a meeting with these producers in LA for doing a reality show!  Ha!!!!!  Well that's a pretty big stretch to think anything could come of it, but Katies friend Jason I think put in a good word for her and they contacted her.  I think they just thought it was a big joke, but also, what have we got to lose so they went and met with them. I'll tell you more in a sec... 
This is one of our favorite places to eat and right close to Staceys house...Which by the way, how sweet is she to just let us come stay there!  She has been living in her Airstream and renting her house out.  Her trailer is so cute and cozy, I can see why she would do it.   

She made us a fabulous dinner that first night.  Ha ha this was so funny.  She wanted to make a big batch of lemon bars so she could give some to her boyfriend.  She got out the biggest bowl I've ever seen to mix them up in!  She has a lemon tree in her back yard with huge lemons on it so she had plenty of those.    Anyway, I think she tripled the batch so she used about two pounds of butter and filled up three dripper pans!  They were so yummy though...I never make lemon bars cause Kelley's not a big fan, but I think he changed his tune after eating these!




Stacey has a Treggar (she's the one that got us dreaming about getting one) and she also had this smoker thing she was going to cook the meat on, but couldn't get it going so Kelley worked on it a bit.
We ate dinner out in her back yard that night.  It's really just lovely there.  We had unusually warm weather for so early in the spring and we enjoyed every minute of it.

I found this video on how to get the seeds out of a pomegranate on you tube that was super helpful and really funny!  After a trip to growers market, we made the best fruit salsa ever!


This was the yummy meat she made for us.  She used this rub that a friend of hers makes that was out of this world.

The next day we went over to Stacey's boyfriends house.  He lives right on the bay...pretty incredible view and home.  He was super nice too.  So generous...he offered all his toys for us to use any time we wanted.  We went out to run home and put on our swimsuits but when we got to the car, we had a flat tire.  It was on the rental car so we called triple A and they came out to fix it.  Kelley had been spending most the time at Jimmy's working on the boat.  Come to find out the trailer needed some work  (and new tires) before we could drive it home.
Anyway, we lounged around Stacey's boyfriends house till the guy came to fix the tire, then ran home and changed and came back to do some paddle boarding.



I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.  Looking at these pictures it was all smooth and easy.  Not so!  Ha!  I wish I could have taken a picture when we were out in the open area.  This is in the bay by his dock where the wind doesn't blow.  
It was not too hard getting on the paddle board cause we could just step down from his dock, and it was all calm and peaceful back there too so we thought "oh yeah we can do this!"  But then we got out into the open area and the wind started blowing.  We were both struggling to keep away from the boats that lined the sides of the bay.  Then this big boat came out in front of us and the driver put up his hand and said for us to stop while he towed a even bigger boat out.  Believe me we were trying to stop, but the wind was just pushing us straight ahead.  We were paddling our guts out to keep from hitting that boat...I ended up over on the side almost hitting boats parked there and I think Kate fell in the water.  We didn't go too much farther than that cause we started thinking about how long it was going to take us to get back with the wind blowing against us. So we turned around (Kate might have fallen again) and started paddling back.  We were not moving forward at all!!!  The wind was just blowing us the other direction.  I hollered something at Kate about being more aggressive or we weren't going to get anywhere.  We were really thinking we were going to have to get someone to rescue us.
If these videos look fuzzy, it's because I took them with my phone in a baggie.  I couldn't see what I was doing, and Kate and I were laughing so hard we were falling off the board and I was just pushing any buttons hoping it would take a video


When we watched these, Kate thought she was really moving this slow, but I think I had pushed the slow motion button  Ha ha!

She didn't fall...she's just sitting down.  haaaaa!







  I started moving forward a little ( I was really paddling my guts out) but Katie wasn't getting anywhere.  I heard some guy that was on the shore yelling something at her and found out later that he told her to just lay down on the board and paddle from there.  Ha ha!  I made it a little ways and pulled up to a dock and took these pictures.  This was coming back into the protected bay where it wasn't windy anymore. 





We finally made it back into the dock and were just so happy to be alive. We might need a little practice for paddle boarding in windy conditions.
Thursday was the day Katie and Kelley were supposed to meet with these producers so I tagged along with them and we headed up to LA.  
I didn't go in with them,(it was in some swanky office building) but just waited out in the courtyard.  They were talking to them for about an hour.  When they came out, they said the people were really nice and just wanted to hear their story. They thought it was a unique idea to have a father and daughter working together. They threw around some possibilities and wanted to see some recording of them in action. Ha ha can you even imagine?


We wanted to make it home in one day, so we got up early friday morning and took off.  We were a little nervous pulling the boat because of the trailer situation, but didn't have any trouble all the way home.  Now to start on this project...

KC and I went out one night while Kelley was at bishopric and started cleaning it.  It has been sitting outside uncovered, at Jimmy's house for about the past 10 years.  It was filthy and needs lots of repairs.  But it has potential!


KC tried to use the power washer to clean it but the motor burned up on it.  Kelley got a new one a few days later and went to town on the boat with it.  It was like night and day when he got done.  I was amazed at how it took the dirt off.  It looks like a new (old) boat!  





No comments: