Saturday, May 21, 2016


Isn't that a beautiful sight!  
Feeling so lucky and grateful to be able to spend some time in this amazing place.
The planning for this trip started last fall when we were in Mexico and Kelley said "I want to spend my 60th birthday here!"    
60 years is kind of a big deal so we started planning for it and making arrangements.   
We talked to Mark about it and he thought it would be cool too.  
It worked out great with KC just finishing up school the week before and was fine to take some time off work.  I wish everyone could have been there with us.  Candice would have come but she didn't have a  current passport.  Next time for sure! And for Camille's family to come would be kind of hard. 
It's not the best place for kids.
Kate flew down a day ahead of us cause she got her plane ticket a different time than we did.  She stayed at Ann's and Doreens houses this trip cause they have empty rooms at their place and they really enjoy Kate!  She has spent a lot of time with them and has a great relationship with them.



















We headed out fishing early Wednesday morning. Word was that people weren't catching much but we went with high hopes...mostly just for Kelley to be able to catch.
We headed down towards the light house cause that was where people said they had had the most luck.  We didn't get any bites or anything for a few hours.  It's really just fun being on the boat with these crazy guys!  Then all the sudden we hear the noise... whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!  Beto grabbed the pole and handed it to Kelley.  It was pretty exciting to see the Marlin jumping  way out there!    He was really putting up a good fight!


















Not too long after that, KC caught a nice Bonita

It really was just the funnest day.  
We came back to Marks place and had a nice birthday dinner.  
A




It's hard to see here, but Kelley is holding up the 6 and 0 from his cake.  It's hard to believe this guy is 60 years old!  I don't know where the years have gone, but they have sure flown by.
We have both gotten older, but in his case, he's just gotten better.  I love the man that he has "grown up" to be.  Maybe that's what I love about him...the fact that he won't ever grow up too much.  He makes our life fun and happy, he's always doing something to make me smile or hollar...from taping my purse shut to waiting behind the door to jump out and scare me. He's the hardest working guy I ever saw and that's going some cause I'm pretty sure daddy was the hardest worker ever!  He is always serving others...He'll take off and be gone for hours.  I'll ask him what he's been doing and he'll just say "wrangling"   which I find out later means he's been out visiting sick friends, or doing some work for somebody in the ward.  He's a friend to all.  I don't know what it is.. complete strangers will strike up a conversation with him like they are his best friend.  
I've loved watching him as he held this calling in the bishopric.  He has grown a lot from it.  He is still himself though...that's something you can always count on.  He doesn't put on for anyone.  I think that's what keeps me on the edge of my seat every Sunday he conducts.  I never know what he's going to say.  I think that's why people love him.  He is just really real.  
I think what I love most is watching him as dad and grampa.  His relationship with each of the kids is pretty special. Him and Kate drive each other crazy working together, but have both grown to be more patient, tolerant, and understanding through it all. Plus they are soooo funny together!  They are both really witty and have a great sense of humor and they bring out the best of it in each other.  KC and him are very close and have a love and respect for each other that is something special.  Each of the kids love and respect him and just enjoy being together and Camille's kids just think he's funny.
Anyway, I could go on and on, but I'll just sum it up by saying I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have him for my own forever.
Happiest birthday to my sweetheart!
(I'll carry on in the next post...this is getting too long!)


No comments: