Monday, May 27, 2013

My sisters are just the best!
Here's a few pictures I took as we walked around the cemetery.  Seems like this is where most of mum and daddy's friends and family are now.



It was nice to walk around the cemetery, remembering and reminiscing about family members...so grateful to be born of "goodly parents" and  have a heritage of great ancestors.







I got a call last night from my cousin Dan Tibbitts.  He said aunt sherry had passed away yesterday . We had just been thinking of her and wondering how she was doing as we walked past her and Elmer's head stone.  I'm sure they had a joyful reunion.




Mum would always put some flowers on Brother Beards grave...just because no one else ever did.


My sisters all brought flowers and I had some iris from the garden so we were able to decorate the graves of all those dear to us.

We went to lunch at Angie's...Teina and I had a little trouble finding it, but it was worth the search.  really good food and service.  After we went out in my car and had a little birthday party for Leslie.  Brenda made this cute table runner and brought us all a pattern so we could make them too.  Super thoughtful!  Leslie and Brenda had both said they wanted a picture like the one I made for Teina so I made one for Les's birthday too.



 Les suggested we sing "home"  while we were sitting there.  I knew I couldn't get through it...I sit  there and bawl while I am sewing the words.  It was extra tender to me after just visiting what will always be "home" to me.




1 comment:

Angie said...

You girls are so cute with your get togethers! My mom was telling me about that runner it turned out cute. Thanks for taking me with you through the cometary. I sure miss being there on holidays.