Tuesday, May 21, 2013

 So I was asking Katie if she knew of some new places to see.  She told me about this place in Laguna called 1000 steps. She had some pictures she had taken there and it looked real pretty so we decided to check it out.  You would totally miss it if you didn't know it was there.  There is just a tiny little sign that says 1000 steps with an arrow that points away from the road.  This is the view looking down the steps.  I think someone must have just had a wedding down on the beach because the stairs had a trail of rose petals going all the way down.  So beautiful!  I felt like I was in a fairy tail.
 Once you get to the bottom, it opens up onto this beautiful beach.  The houses on the side of the cliff were incredible.






 There was a cool cave  at the end of the beach.  We went inside and there was a guy and his girlfriend or it could have been a model taking pictures.  Very cool setting and she was gorgeous.







So surprised after all the years we have been coming here that we never heard about this place before.  We wanted to just stay on that beach but hadn't brought our swimsuits, so we headed back, but with a promise to definitely return in August.

Going up the stairs wasn't nearly as fun as coming down.  We passed lots of people going up and down for the exercise....even carrying weights!  Seriously this tiny lady was carrying what looked like 50 pound weights! Ha!
KC raced the whole way up the stairs without stopping, but I had to have a little rest half way...then Kelley walked behind me (pushing, lifting me) the rest of the way.
Brenda counted the steps coming up...only 219...Ha Ha I would have died at even 300!

2 comments:

Angie said...

That looks like some serious exercise climbing those stairs! Who did you have with you in the green shirt? That bride is beautiful!

Paula said...

That's my friend Brenda. Her and her husband were there for the week too.