Monday, June 3, 2013

 Sooooo, Dan and Kelley have decided to sell the boat. This kind of pulls at my heart cause we have had a lot of good times on that boat. 
When these two put their heads together though, they come up with some pretty interesting ideas.
Their new dream...a big pontoon boat.  They have it all designed in their minds for the perfect fishing situation...with a cabin in the middle for us fair weather fishermen (women),seating all around, nice bathroom, and storage for all their poles...so many poles.(and other things on the bottom of the lake)  I could say so much here..( I am trying to choose my words wisely here to prevent being banned from the next boat)  note to self...don't mention that they don't need to buy a fish counter cause they have never caught that many fish..also don't tell them to go over by Kelley's brothers boat cause they are catching fish one after another...us, not so much, or ask them if you can use some of their bate....apparently not cool manly things to do.
Anyway, Dan came over the other day and him and Kelley and KC really scrubbed the boat down and had it looking just like new.  Then they took a bunch of pictures of it and listed it on KSL classifieds and Boat Trader.com. 
The company in northern California that put this boat together for them has offered to buy it back and sell it for them, so that is an option, but they want a big commission for it too, so I hope they can sell it themselves. 
I  have grown to love this boat...(when I first saw it, I thought it looked like a Popeye tugboat...did I say that out loud?  I couldn't really see the fascination with it.  My idea of a cool boat had always been those big ski boats with lots of seating, a deck n the front for laying out,  a nice cabin and deck out back for fishing.  I soon learned though that this is just another example of the very different ways a mans brain works...men are crazy about a boat like this!  Just bringing it home from Eureka, we probably had  at least 10 men stop and tell us how much they liked this boat, then up at Strawberry, men are always staring at it and making comments about  how sweet it is...I was like "really???"
But after riding it it, I could see what they were talking about.  It really is a great boat...just flys along over the water... also, pretty much perfect set up for fishing.  It has only had a few problems (some due to owner malfunction....ummmmm, little things like putting the plug in the bottom)
I have really appreciated the big cabin...it's kept me warm and out of the wind on some really cold days,  ( "Kelley would you put my pole in?...its so windy out there...thank you dear")  and the little cubby was perfect for snoozing in.
Looking back over the past few years on my blog sure brings back some good memories we made on this boat...it's sure been fun.
So I guess we will put it out there and see what happens...


(Dan parking the boat after taking pictures...we needed new sprinkler heads  anyway...haaaaaaa!)

No comments: