Monday, May 20, 2013

This is a continuation of last Saturday...pretty busy day!
Most special day because it was Kelley's birthday!
Him and KC were working over at the little house most of the day pulling up trees and bushes and cleaning up the back yard. 
Then we went out to do sealings. It was kind of a special day...Mendenhalls last time for a few years....they are going on their mission next month. We have been lucky to be able to serve with all these good people . Sure do love Brother Larsen too...He brings the greatest spirit there and is just about the nicest man I know.
 
Flowers were beautiful coming out the front doors
Kelley wanted to go to LaFrontera for his birthday.  Candice, Curtis and Benny met us there. It was a fun night.
 
  I got Kelley a basketball standard for his birthday.  He hasn't had one for a few years...his old one tipped over so many times the rim was more of an oval.  Thanks to KC for helping me pick it out and tote it around...I couldn't begin to lift it.  Kelley seemed pretty excited about it. 
This cake was pretty sad....didn't have time to frost it before we went to dinner...plus scavenged for candles 5 and 7.  Hard to believe this guy is 57 !  Seems like he just gets more wonderful and handsome every year. So lucky to have him.
 A few weeks ago Bishop Blake asked me to see him in his office after sacrament meeting. Cindy Briggs was in there too.  I couldn't really imagine what he wanted cause I had just talked in church  what seemed like) not very long ago.  Well He asked us to speak on Mothers day.
He wanted me to talk to the Young women about looking to their mother for a righteous example.  I found a great talk by M. Russel Ballard that really went along good with this subject, then I talked a little about looking to my own mother for her example.  It was really pretty easy to write....the memories of mum just started flowing.  Presenting it was not as easy with the feelings so tender and close to the surface...being two years ago at mothers day that she passed away.  Anyway, I got through it OK.  So glad to have Candice and KC come listen and support me.
Candice stitched this sweet picture for me...that made me so happy!  So glad she likes to sew!  Mum taught me when I was a little girl how to do all the stitches ( She would iron a cute pattern onto either a pillow case or dish towel get me started with a hoop and needle and floss.  I wasn't ever great at doing tiny even stitches like Teina, and would often end up with a big wad of knots, but mum would help me unpick and start again.) and it's been something that is calming to me and brings me a lot of  joy and satisfaction to be able to create something pretty.
 
KC made me the sweetest card...just couldn't ask for anything better than that.
Kelley gave me two beautiful hanging geraniums and a couple of good books that I have had my eye on.  So sweet and thoughtful...made my day so special!
We were planning on getting on our way to California Sunday afternoon so we got all packed up, then on the way out of town, went out to Savannah's farewell. (We had to miss her talk cause I was talking too, but wanted to go wish her well)
 She is so darling and way excited for her mission.  She will be serving in Lima Peru.  We got to visit with Michelle and John and their cute family.  Can hardly believe they have grown kids of their own now. Michelle was just a little girl when Kelley and I got married...I guess that's what happens in 35 years... 
Tough leaving Candice behind...she couldn't get off work to go with us so we had some goodbye flapping.





No comments: