Monday, February 7, 2011

nice people

I just don't know I got so lucky to be blessed with such lovely friends. I have been overwhelmed lately with the kindness and generosity of my sweet friends.
Last week, Camille took Olivia for a play date with Holly and her kids and came home with several darling outfits for Sam and a beautiful scarf for me for my birthday from Merrilee and Holly. That was so sweet of them!
Stacey came over the other day too with the cutest hair clips for Olivia (Snow White and Cinderella...Liv loved them and wanted to just play with them instead of putting them in her hair!) and also the cutest soccer outfit and little shoes for Sam. How thoughtful of her (that's just how she is!) to take the time to do something special for Olivia too! She has been off work for a little while for some surgery she had and has had a hard time recovering from it. How kind of her to even think of us when she is going through this difficult time.
I got a call from Brenda on Friday after I got home from the doctor.( I will detour for a moment to explain...For the past 3 weeks, I have been having some woman problems...I won't bore you or gross you out with the details, but things were getting worse and not better so I called and made an appointment with Dr Rothe ( new gynecologist...I haven't been since Dr. Chappa retired...BAD!) They said they could fit me in on Feb 14. hmmmm. Well ok. Then a few more days went by and I was starting to feel pretty bad....very weak from loss of blood. So I called the doctor back and said I needed to come in before then and explained what was going on a little more adamantly. She fit me in that morning. Kelley stayed with the kids and Camille went with me to hold my hand. I really liked the doctor. He was real comfortable to talk to and I felt like he was going to take good care of me. I was relieved to hear that he thought having a hysterectomy was a last resort. I think a lot of doctors rush into surgery now that could have been taken care of another way. Anyhow, he gave me a prescription for some birth control pills to stop the bleeding and set up an appointment for me to come in today to have an ultrasound to see what's going on in there. (He also gave me a prescription for some ambian cause Camille told him that I didn't sleep at night...thanks for that! Not that I would take them...I'm kind of psycho about sleeping pills)
Anyway....when Camille and I were walking into the doctors office, we say someone that looked just like Brenda walking out. I called out her name and sure enough, that was her. She has really been having a hard time with going through menopause too. Has tried lots of things but nothing seems to help her. She has really extreme symptoms too...gosh my heart just goes out to her. These woman problems are not for sissys! I was thinking while I was waiting to see the doctor about all the changes a woman goes through in her life. From the first signs of puberty to the end of your child bearing years...then even long after that you really go through some crappy but still amazing stuff. The way God designed our bodies is nothing less than miraculous. Watching Camille the past few months and seeing the wonder of bringing a new baby into the world just reaffirms my faith and gratitude for how perfectly Heavenly Father planned and created our amazing bodies! Everything just works! From the incredible miracle of conception to the beauty of a woman's body being created exactly right to lovingly cradle the baby in her arms and supply just what the he needs to grow in body and spirit. I am always in awe when I really think about it.
Anyway, back to the phone call. It just meant a lot to me that Brenda would call to see how things went at the doctor and if he was able to help me. She is a special, caring person and a great friend.
I can't even remember all the people who have asked me how things are going with caring for mom at my house. I don't even know how they knew she was here, but they do and offer many sweet encouraging words.
Yesterday after church, Karen came to the door with her arms full of gifts. She had gotten Olivia a cute dinosaur coloring book and some crayons and an adorable outfit for Sam and a book for Camille. So nice! I just love her. Her and Mike have always been some of my favorite people. She always asks how each of the kids are doing. She sent KC a package with some really sweet thoughtful things in it...she even called me to see what he would like. Oh and for Christmas they gave Kelley and I President Monson's new book...To the Rescue... with the sweetest message inside for us. I remember as the girls were growing up she would always send them sweet little cards and gifts.
Amazing lady.
Then later, Kim and Mark came over to visit. They brought two cute outfits for Sam. We had a real nice visit with them. They offered Camille the use of their jeep while she is here. Really? So nice! They are great friends!
After the super bowl game, Travis came over for a visit. I haven't seen him for quite a while and it was great catching up... He is such a good guy and is really trying to move forward ....I wish he could find some happiness in his life. He sure deserves it.
Well I hope this explains why my heart is about ready to burst with gratitude for the many good people in my life....and I haven't even started on my wonderful family....that's for another post.

1 comment:

Angie said...

At first I thought you were talking about my mom! I was ready to dial her up and chew her out for not telling me:)I hope everything is going well for you. I really liked the way you said things in this post. Life is an interesting thing! Cant wait to see you in 2 days!! love ya