Monday, February 14, 2011

Sunday afternoon fun


I decided to skip the nap and instead, went outside and spent a lovely afternoon in the warm sunshine playing with Olivia.
(Unusually warm day ...60 degrees!)
Did I forget Lizzy?
She is pretty much attached to Olivias' hip. Chasing bubbles wouldn't be nearly as much fun without her! She jumps way in the air to tries to catch them. Then Olivia decided that she is a puppy dog too and jumps in the air just like Lizzy.
We swang and twirled on the swings. I can see why Sam likes his swing so much...very soothing.We poked around in the fish pond...the ice was about half melted, and we saw 5 big fish! We gave them some food, but they didn't seem interested. I think they are still in hibernation mode.Went exploring around in the rock garden. Found some cool treasures. (my sunglasses I had left out there last fall... a sparkly rock, a cute little green plant poking it's head out from the ground way too early. A seed pod that Olivia opened up and planted each of the little seeds inside....She put up a stick marker where she planted them...I'll have to check this spring and see if anything comes up!
It's refreshing to look at the world through a 4 year olds' eyes for a change. They see things with fascinating imagination and endless possibilities before them.
First thing she wanted to look at was to see if there was any raspberries to pick. She has a great memory! Picking raspberries with Olivia was a lovely memory for me too!Played hopscotch...except Lizzy kept picking up our hoppy taw as soon as we threw it and running away with it.
She still hasn't figured out how to play fetch. We throw a ball or a stick and she runs right after it and picks it up, but then just tares around the yard with it...not a chance of giving it back to us.Went for rides in the wagon. I pull her, she pulls me...ok not so much of her pulling me, but she gave it a good try! Later after dinner, we busted out the Monopoly game.
I'm not sure why we keep subjecting ourselves to this...Kelley always wins, ( I know he must be cheating somehow...)
And that isn't the worst of it. It's the way he wins. He buys up everything he can, gets his hotels placed strategically, then sits back and rakes in the dough. I know we have the same chance of doing that, that he does, but he always seems to come out ahead.
That was a victory dance from Sam when Candice landed on free parking.

Camille and I had pretty much given up and were more interested in the popcorn at this point.



All in all a fun night.


1 comment:

Angie said...

glad you were able to have a fun Sunday! I couldn't believe how great the weather was when I was there! Kelley looks like he would be amazing at monopoly!