Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The rest of the story...

Once again my heart is full of gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father who is watching over my son.
Re: What in the world?‏
From:
Kelley Carson Jensen (kelley.jensen@myldsmail.net)
Sent:
Wed 2/17/10 7:06 AM
To:
Paula Jensen (pjdaisy50@hotmail.com)
Hey, so sorry about last week, I totally didn't mean to do that, just ran out of time. So to finish that story, So I was a little mixed up on my times it wasn’t quite as late as I thought, but any way, I walked passed that woman and then without even thinking about it I said "Can you help me?", I had no intention of asking her but it just came out, the Lord wasn’t going to let us get any more lost, so she said yes and she started taking us down this little tiny packed down snow path, and we walked on that for about 5 minutes and then we crossed a bridge and were at a train station where we took a bus home. Man when I sat down on the bus I had honestly never been so happy or grateful to the Lord in my whole life, I just felt his love beaming down on me. It was incredible, I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t been prompted to talk to her, I certainly would never have gone down that little path myself. Just incredible how the Lord really does know where we are and what we need all the time. I really know that that it true. I just wish I had realized how much he loved me before he saved me and my companion from that situation. Any way, I got a new email account this week so we shouldn’t have anymore email problems, the church teamed up with Google. Its sweet. so you’ll get my new address with this email and you can share it with everyone. We had a good week this week, we didn’t have tons of meetings but I finished part of this huge project where I had to visit a bunch of homes and find out if these members really lived there or not and knock on the neighbors doors and see if they knew them. It was a project and a half but it was satisfying to finish. So now we have more time to focus on finding more people to teach.

didn’t mean to send that yet, whoops. I cant believe that Dad is really going to Haiti! That’s so awesome, it sounds exactly like something he would do. I hope he loves it, he will have to take pictures and send them. What a great opportunity for him. We had a meeting with the man whose wife is a member and he said that he still hadn’t prayed to find out if the Book OF Mormon is true so that was disappointing but he said he would that night. So we are looking forward to hearing what he has to say. We also met with our baptismal candidate a couple times, I think he will be ready, its only a month away now. I am way excited for him. I haven’t seen any valentine package, but i haven’t got the mail today so we'll see. That’s so great to hear about our ward, we are going to have like 6 missionaries out at once, way cool! I really love missionary work, there nothing more satisfying that teaching by the spirit and having someone receive it by the spirit. I know that this really is the Lords work. Thanks for all your love and prayers. I love you. I will try to send a bunch of pics today :)
Elder Jensen


Re: funny‏
From:
Kelley Carson Jensen (kelley.jensen@myldsmail.net)
Sent:
Wed 2/17/10 7:22 AM
To:
Kelley Jensen (jkj51156@hotmail.com)
Wow! your going to Haiti? That’s sooo awesome! I’m way excited for you. This sounds exactly like something that you would do too. What a great opportunity. That story about the temple was way cool. Look for chances to share the gospel there too, maybe you could pick up a Haitian Book of Mormon at the distribution center. The people are probably really humble and looking for something to give them strength right now and the gospel will help. I love you so much Dad, I think about you often and try to do this work well enough to make you proud. Good luck in Haiti, be super careful.
Love your Son.

No comments: