Friday, January 8, 2010

Yesterday, I was feeling kind of gloomy. Don't like the quiet of the house, missing the kids. I think Kelley feels it too, but he is great to keep a positive attitude and always trys to make me smile. I really appreciate that and have loved having him home these past two weeks.
After we went to the gym, (oh why did I do those squats???) , we decided to go to the temple. We go every month with the sealing group, but it has been a while since we did a endowment session together.
When I came out of the dressing room, there was Kelley sitting there waiting for me with his brother Kim. I was pretty surprised to see him there because he serves as an ordinance worker at the Draper Temple three days a week. He said he had missed being a patron so he decided to come to this temple to do some work today. He said he wanted to come on the session with us, so we waited while he changed his clothes. When we went upstairs, the session was just going in and they said for us to go with them, but Kim wasn't there yet and we wanted to go with him, so we waitied for the next session. When we told the sister that was directing the people into the session what we were doing, she said, "Oh I understand, these things happen for a reason you know...you could be the witness couple in the next session." And sure enough, we were. We have done this before, but for some reason, this time I felt a special sweetness and deeper love for my husband as I knelt next to him on the alter. It was like I knew him or could understand his soul in a whole new way. When we stood in the prayer circle, I couldn't stop the tears as he offered up a prayer for those in that session who had come to find the answers and peace that you can only find in the temple.
Bishop Burns asked me to talk in Sacrement meeting about the importance of going to the temple. Although speaking in church horrifies me, I don't think I will have a hard time coming up with ideas for that.

We didn't get an email on Wednesday this week, but this one came on Thursday morning to Kelley. I had attached a few pictures to the email I sent him, and he didn't get it, so it must have been too big. It's frustrating when that happens...just want to call him and say hey...
Anyway, his letter was great. Love to hear how his testimony is growing and of his love for these people. (also to hear that he is still my same funny, sensitive, strong, thoughtful, spiritual, humble boy)

Subject: HEY> From: kcjensen@myldsmail.net> To: jkj51156@hotmail.com> Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:57:50 +0000> > 0f course you got skunked! Guess who wasnt there to save you! haha. Im glad you guys went though, was it cold? It has been pretty chilly here lately, probably close to 0 or a couple negative, Im not sure. Im not sure if mom tried to email me and it didnt work or what but I didnt get one from her. So I will just send my email to everyone to you and then you can just pass it along. We had a good week this week. We had a really awesome meeting with one of our investigators named Sergey, he is the husband of a member in our branch. We taught him about obedience and Prophets and gave them the November Liahona, but the best part was that he prayed at the end. He hadnt prayed in our meetings yet and it was like the sweetest sound every to hear him pray, one of those things you cant really explain, but it was amazing. Hopefully we can help him be baptized so that they can be sealed in the temple. We have given a couple blessings in the past couple weeks to members and it has really strengthened my testimony in the power of the priesthood, it really works and we can do miracles, even if they arent huge, they still testify. Elder Rudd and I have had some good talks lately and we are going to change a few things and hope for some more success, maybe you guys could pray for us to really be able and have the strenght to make the changes that we want to. Its easy to talk about but really hard to do, so I need the Lords help and your prayers. Today is actually Christmas in Russia, so Merry Christmas everyone. Mom, I have been enjoying that book you sent me, it is really good and has given me some good ideas of how I can serve better and be more obedient. I have had some really good experiences lately and I really have seen that when we do follow the guidance of the Prophets and be obedient God does bless us. I have seen bless me with more understanding than I have ever had and also real joy in doing his work. I love you guys,> Elder Jensen.>

2 comments:

Angie said...

Glad you got to go to the temple its such a great place! Sorry your feeling kinda down that is never any fun:( I hope you get feeling better and start smiling again.

kat said...

You guys are so amazing. Lucky to have each other. xoxo