Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!



Well the weekend has flown by and it was all too soon time to take Katie to the airport. It was so nice to have her here for a few days where we had time just to bum around and not have to be rushed to be anywhere. We had fun shopping and baking and just snuggling on the couch watching movies.

Brian came over Saturday afternoon with his fiance (Yea!) Holly. She was really nice and seemed like she would just fit right into the family. We are all so happy he has found someone to share his life with. They are planning on getting married in May.

Rick and Stacey came over later and we had a nice visit. She brought me a sweet birthday gift...she's always so thoughtful ...I don't know when she finds time to do all she does.....between work, and taking care of her mother and all she does for her kids and grand kids, and she always finds time for friends too!

Today was a great day...well, it's my birthday and my family surely spoils me. I woke up to a lovely breakfast Camille made for me. I took Katie to the airport about 10:00...(bummer),
then came home and Olivia and I took down the "Jesus Christmas Tree". She was so sweet. She would take each ornament with Jesus picture in it carefully off of the tree, then she would say "That's Jesus in there!" or "these are very fribby!" (pretty) then she would hand it to me so I could wrap them up and put them in the box. She stuck with the job till the ornaments were all put away, then she said "Grandma, you put me up high and I will get the star". So I lifted her up as high as I could and she took the star off the top of the tree. Having her there with me turned what is usually kind of a depressing job into a special time that I will remember as one of my favorite things we did together while she was here. I'm sure going to miss them when they have to leave tomorrow.


Holly came over with Jeffery and Hannah and they played with Olivia for a while. They are such cute kids, and have soooo much energy. It was good to visit with Holly. Later, Candice and Meg came over and we all went out to dinner. Megan brought me a real pretty flower arrangement and a sweet card. We came back home for pie and presents. Kelley had picked up my favorite...double lemon cream from Marie Calendars and I ate a big fat piece ......Oh I've got to do better tomorrow! Everyone sure spoils me. Lots of lovely gifts and cards that mean so much. I just feel so lucky to have a great family that loves me and would really go out of their way to make my birthday a very special day for me. Sure do love you all.



Merrilee came over later with a lovely gift for me and a nice card and gift certificate for Kelley and I for helping her with Hannah's cradle. We had a real good visit. She is so sweet to always remember my birthday. I don't think she has missed one in the past 30 years!
I appreciate all of my sweet family and friends that took time out of their busy day to wish me a happy birthday. It certainly was.



This is K.C's last email. We had gotten a letter from his mission president saying that his p-day had been changed to Friday for this week so we were expecting an email that day. We were disappointed when we didn't get one, but figured something must have come up. Then we got this one on Saturday...it explains why he didn't write on Friday.



I am so grateful for a son that continues to teach me....



Happy New Year!‏
From:
Kelley Jensen (kcjensen@myldsmail.net)
Sent:
Sat 1/02/10 10:29 AM
To:
pjdaisy50@hotmail.com
Hey guys! How are things at home? Sounds like everyone is still there, that's awesome. This has been a weird week, I went to Kiev on Saturday morning, it is a really neat place, and strangely enough it seemed quite a bit different that Russia, things were cheaper and there weren't so many people. I got to see the temple sight too and they have a stake center right next to it, it is really neat to see how the church is growing in this area, hopefully we will be next to get a temple and a stake. We have been working a lot lately with a man named Lenid, he is deaf, kinda, he thinks hes deafer than he is, and he has some problems and is lonely, So we are trying to make him feel loved and get him to come back to church. He told us a story about how he went home teaching and the people didn't answer the door when they came and he got real upset so we asked him if he wanted to teach us so he taught us a little lesson there and is preparing another one for us next week. He is way funny, i will take a picture with him and send it, hes just impossible to describe, I love him, and it turns out he loves to fish, so I am going to go with him some time. He loved talking about fishing and he makes his own flies. We had a new years party and about 10 elders came and we all watched movies and played games until late and we got to sleep in until 8 the next day so that was fun. New years is HUGE here, it kinda took the place of Christmas during the Soviet times, so they love it and they are still kinda celebrating. They drink a ton though on this day so we had to come in early on Thursday and be in on Friday if we didn't have meetings. So it has been kind of a weird week, but I had lots of time to think and i figured a bunch of stuff out, so things should go even better that before from now on. We were cleaning our apartment yesterday and I suddenly just felt overwhelmed with homesickness, just out of no where and I really felt awful. I dont know what it was, i kept trying to just be optimistic and be happy again, but nothing worked. So I had a really good prayer and I figured a bunch of stuff out. I really felt the love of my Heavenly Father While I prayed, I received so much comfort that only God can give, It is amazing the difference that prayer can make. Christ really does know all of us and all of our sorrows because of the atonement, I know that for sure. So when you need help remember that he is always there to help, you don't have to carry your load alone. I know i couldn't carry mine alone and I am so grateful for My knowledge that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ really love and care for me and desire my happiness. Thanks for your prayers and love, and for the great gifts you guys sent me, I haven't received any more packages, but I will tell you for sure when I do. I need to go, but I love you guys and I hope you re all doing well, I'm doing really well.Love Elder Jensen.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't know Kate got to stay so long. I thought she had to go back when I did. I am glad you have had the family around for as long as you have. It always makes things more special. I am glad your birthday was good you deserve it!

Paula said...

Kate went home for the week to work then came back for new year's weekend. Hope things are going good for you. It was sure nice to be with you all on Christmas!

Holly said...

I promise Jeffrey isn't picking his nose in that picture! Glad you had a nice birthday Paula! It was fun visiting with you all.

Holly said...

P.S. Please tell Brian I said Congrats on his engagement!!