Tuesday, December 1, 2009

They're Back

It's finally time to rescue my snowy friends from the cold, dark shelf in the garage. Everyone of them smiled at me as I took it out of the box.
Teina made this for me...one of my favorite things!

Stacey gave me this doingy snowman...probably my favorite .
The story behind this one is sweet though...At bunko a few years ago, someone brought this to give for their gift. After playing the stupid 'I will take that away from you game' , it ended up in someone elses house. Stacey saw that I had really liked it, so she just went and bought me one.
Ya... that's just the kind of person she is.

Kelley was such a sweetheart to get all my boxes down off the shelf and carry them in the house.
Then he offered to fix dinner so I could keep working on getting them all set in their proper places. (there might have been an ulterior motive there...seeing how the kitchen was stacked so full of boxes, you couldn't even get to the front door)

Me<>
Kelley: "No, No! I will do it...you just keep doing your thing...PLEASE?"

So I got a lovely dinner and was able to get to play with my snowmen too! What a lucky girl!

I really love that man! I know he was texting the girls, making the usual remarks about all the snowmen invading our house, but he kept the comments to me to a minimum.
I think I kind of scared him though when I said "I don't want any more snowmen!" He looked at me kind of worried, like I must have lost my will to live or something, but then just rolled his eyes when I said "I just don't have anyplace to put them! Will you build me a new shelf?"
I have collected these over the past 20 years, and have grown quite attached to each one. Many of them have been gifts from friends and family. Lots of them are one's I made myself .
There are usually a few that need some repairing...lost noses, arms, and buttons and such. Makes me wonder what goes on in those boxes when no one is watching!
This year we had to lay to rest a big glass snowman serving tray. His head had broken off again and he was looking pretty rough. Kelley said he would glue it again, but I said " no...he had been glued one too many times."
A moment of silence please

Katie gave me this one when she was going to school down at Snow College.
love it!



Oh I almost forgot about the one's outside! There are a few random one's I put in with my trees, and the cool one I got up to Novemberfest in Logan a few years ago, then there are the one's Kelley made me.
There are six of them altogether, representing our family. They are the big stand up kind. Kelley cut them out of wood, painted them up real cute then put lights, hats, and scarves on them.
Once again...I love that man of mine.



Shawna gave me this one the first year we were in the presidency together...cute cookie jar!


I know there are a lot (this is not all...haven't even got the snowman Christmas tree stuff out yet) but they make me happy to look at them!
Katie was trying to talk me into changing my Christmas decorations, (hey... I made that one new thing!) I know everybody is sick of them, but they hold a lot of memories for me and are kind of comforting. I imagine I will get sick of them some day too, but for now...Snowmen Rule.


3 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

You'll never get sick of them. It wouldn't feel right without them mom!! Although I did tell dad to melt a few of them yesterday....

Angie said...

This post made me laugh alot! I have never seen so many snowmen and women in my life! The last 5 years I have been buying snowman stuff for grandma. I will have to keep an eye on you at Christmas:)

stacey said...

Paula...you ARE the snowman lady! You must keep collecting...you must! Don't give in! Snowman are Paula to me! They warm my heart as I look at all of yours and even the ones I have..many from you~!
LOve ya!