Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Kelley is given lots of hugs for the beautiful shelves he made for the girls. He has spent the past two weeks in the garage working on these shelves and they turned out pretty amazing.
The whole thing started when Candice told him she would like a little shelf to put her new pyrex dishes on. She said something like the little shelf that is down in her old room. Well you know Kelley can't really do anything " little..."
I had taken a picture of this cute shelf I had seen out at gardener village when Camille and I were out there at Halloween and had shown that to him. Well he pretty much duplicated that.... times 3. I don't know how he does it, I said "do you know how to make drawers?" "well no, I'll just figure it out as I go along." And he did.


The only problem is getting them to Katie and Camille's houses!
(not really a problem... An extra trip to their house is fine by me!)


This is Olivia's new Barbie doll house...yes Kelley made that too. We saw a picture of one in an add and he just went to town on it. It turned out so cute! I kind of dropped the ball as far as painting it went and will be finishing it in the next few days.
Liv loved it though.









Olivia was so cute...when she would open a present, she would say " Oh a Tinkerbell doll...I love it!" or " Oh a pair of shoes ! I love them!"


This is the project I have been working on for her. I wanted her to have a place to put all of her little animals I have made her and a few new ones I just finished. So I got some material and made this blanket with pockets on it. It turned out pretty cute.
She likes to have everything in it's place, so she was pretty excited about it. She especially liked the little birds in their nest the Reindeer.


We got Candice a new sewing machine and she was pretty excited about it. I think she will be a great little seamstress because she has a real desire to learn. She has been sewing over at our house lately and seems to have a talent for it.
I felt like there was a lot of love and thought put into each gift I received. Very meaningful and personal gifts...thank you family! I love you!



2 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

What impressive building projects you two took on for Christmas! I'm very impressed!

Angie said...

I would love one of those shelves! They are so beautiful I am impressed. That blanket you made is so adorable too. Thanks again for the cute animals you made:)