Monday, December 14, 2009

I had a pretty wonderful weekend. Saturday was our annual candy making-birthday party day. Can I just say once again how much I love my sisters and my mom!
We had to brave the weather again but this was a wetter, warmer storm, so it wasn't as scary.
Everyone got there about 11:00 and we got busy on our candy making. Teina did her yummy corn chex candy, Brenda did chocolate covered pretzels, Leslie did these wonderful cherry -o-lets, and I made turtles.
Leslie got mom all situated with some chocolate and peanuts so she could sit and do peanut clusters. It was a lot of fun and we all share our candies so we end up with a nice variety...way too much!..I ate about half the bag of corn chex candy already...I can't leave that stuff alone!
After we got everything finished, we had a bowl of soup that Teina had made and some nice rolls. We had mom open her birthday presents while the soup cooled. What a dear and sweet mother I have been blessed with. She would read one of our cards, then thank us over and over, as if that was the best present ever. She has so much love and gratitude and she never fails to make each one of us girls feel so loved and special. I hope I can inherit even a tiny bit of that quality from her and be that kind of mother to my children.
We had drawn names between us girls and exchanged our presents for Christmas after lunch. Leslie gave me a beautiful scarf she had knit and some gloves and lotion. Just what I wanted...and needed. My hands are so dry and sore with this cold weather.
We finished the planning for mom's big birthday party on Christmas and I'm really excited about it. I think it's going to be really neat with most all of the family being able to be there.
We will miss Julie's family. I feel so bad that they can't bring Savanah to these things. I'm sure it's very hard for Julie to have to miss getting together with family. Teina said she just can't handle being in a big crowd of people. We haven't even seen their new baby. We will have to stop by and see them on the way home from mom's.
And K.C. won't be there...but it will be OK cause I get to talk to him that day!!!!!
Angie and Lisa have been working on some projects though that will make the party really special, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Anyway, Leslie had brought a yummy snickers cake for mom's birthday so we had some of that and sang happy birthday to her, then decided we had better get on our way home. It had been snowing pretty hard all day there, so we were worried about getting through the canyon.
It wasn't too bad though, just had to go real slow. I love my car...I just put it in 4 wheel drive and it plows right through the snow!










1 comment:

Angie said...

I love that you have this tradition! you all look so cute and the candy is so good. I am getting so excited to come home and see everyone!