Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After visiting with Kelley's dad and Pat for a while we headed up to Logan. We had such a fun visit with the family. Angie had decorated the house so cute and had made this darling blanket for Grandma with all the family pictures on it.
Brenda had made up some trivia games of questions about our family. She has the best memory and really came up with some things I haven't thought about for a long time.

Lisa had made the neatest slide show for Grandma. It had pictures back from when mom was a little girl and showed all of her life. It had pictures of all of us kids and the grand kids and great grand kids too. She had set it to old songs that we used to sing and it was pretty special. She had done a really nice job with it. I would love to have a copy of it! Wow it brought back so many memories of our lives growing up. She even had pictures of the old house before daddy had added anything on to it. Very cool pictures! I think mom loved it too!

We were planning to sing some of mom's favorite songs and record them for her but there was so much noise in the house with all the little kids, it didn't turn out very good. I had borrowed Becky's recorder and it worked really well...too well! it picked up everything! Oh well, we can try again another time.

It was fun to hear mom talk about some of the pictures and tell us about what her life was like when she was young and when her and daddy were first married.



This is the blanket Angie had made. She wasn't very happy with the way it turned out, so she was having it redone. I thought it was pretty cute, but I know how that goes when you have expectations of something different.

We stayed and helped mom get to bed after everyone was gone. I'm so glad we still have her here with us. She has such a gentle, peaceful spirit. She calms me and makes me realize again what is important in this life.






1 comment:

Angie said...

wow not a very flattering picture but I am hoping to fix that this year. If you looked close at the blanket you would be able to see the mistakes. Its true I did have a different idea in mind. I thought it went really well and wished it would have been quieter. oh well I think everyone had a great night.