Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Grampa!

90 years old!
Kelley and went over to wish him happy birthday last night before Kelley went to his meetings.. Lisle is doing really well for his age. Him and mom are only about 2 weeks apart in age, but his health is much better. He still drives and works at the Temple every week. He still works in the yard and plants a garden. He has pain in his knees and is a little bit hard of hearing, but other than that, says he's got no complaints.
He gets restless when it's so cold outside that he can't go out, so he makes cute place mats and hats on his nifty knitter. I have several sets that he has made for me that I sure treasure.
Pat got him a fancy new TV that I'm sure BOTH of them will be enjoying! I made him a carrot cake and Kelley got him a book called Nephi in the promised land. It looked really good.
Suzie is having a big party for him on Saturday so that will be nice...I think he's a lot like my own dad though in the fact that he'd rather have a root canal than be the center of attention at a big party. I'm with him on that!

There has been the most beautiful moon the past few nights. I guess it's called a blue moon because there are two full moon's in one month.

Kelley and I went to the gym early this morning (yes, it's true!) and I got this picture as I was coming home. Reminded me of K.C.

Last summer when he was getting ready to leave, I was trying to think of something that could comfort both of us when we were missing each other or feeling lonely. We were sitting outside on a warm night and looked up and saw a big full moon. We made a deal that when he was gone, and might be missing his mom, he would look at the moon and know that I was looking at that same moon and thinking of him and loving him.

("Please let the light that shines on me, shine on the one I love")

Wonder if there's a full moon in Russia?

3 comments:

Angie said...

Its sad how some people can be in such good health when they get older. I think he looks like a great grandpa:)That is a sweet thing that you and KC have:)

ScHnEiToWn said...

K so that is the cutest thing ever. KC has such amazing parents!

stacey said...

dang girlfriend...you always tear me up!