Tuesday, December 8, 2009

BRRRRRRRRR

I found this blast from the past when I was looking for pictures of Kelley's dad. Nice hair girls!
And Kelley, I think you actually had some under that hat!
We had such a lot of fun skiing with our friends! This was back in the day when it cost 4.50 for a half day pass at Brighton.
Most everyone was good skiers, me, not so much.
I would usually end up biffing it, then just sliding down the hill on my snow pants, and laughing so hard I would pee my pants .
Kelley was always great to gather up my ski's that had gone flying and clean the snow off my bindings and put me back together.
We had a pretty bad storm come through here last night...it's still snowing.
I sure do hate to see my sweetie have to go out in this to work. I feel so guilty sitting here by the warm fire as he bundles up to go. Yesterday he came home and was so cold it took him about an hour before he could warm up. Hope it won't be too long before he can retire.
No fishing today. Feels like it's been cold for a long time already! AHHHHHHHH

So these are some of my favorite things right now....
A nice warm fire

Hiding under my comforter is my new favorite thing...Camille's heating blanket! I came across it while I was putting things away downstairs...and I thought "hmmmm, they are not using it, maybe I will!" So I put it on our bed and turned the heat up to # 5 on my side of the bed. Kelley is always warm at night so I was so glad to see it had duel heat controls! Within a few minutes, I was in warm, snugly, bliss!
I love that Kelley will turn it on before I come up to bed so my side is all warm when I jump in! He is kind of sweet and thoughtful like that.

Anyway, thanks for letting me use your blanket Camille
It truly is a bit of heaven to me!

This is our little Christmas tree. It looks pretty sad here, but kind of cute in real life.






3 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

The tree is beautiful.

Angie said...

I agree the tree looks great! Dont tell my mom about the electric blanket she would be in heaven. My dad um not so much but maybe he would:)I think you guys take after grandma with the cold thing.

stacey said...

brr...is right! LOVE the group picture. Were you all 12 or maybe 15...! Looks like your kids standing there really! Especially Di...looks just like Heidi!
Some of my most favorite people!