Sunday, September 6, 2015

Candice's Birthday

I can hardly believe my baby girl is 29!   She is such a joy to be around and always leaves you feeling better than you were before. She has the kindest heart and has a way of making everyone around her feel loved.  She has a personality that draws people to her and then makes everyone feel comfortable. She has grown to be a lovely woman who is beautiful but whose true beauty shines from the inside.  Wow I could go on and on about her.  I love the way she always makes time for her family and the sweet relationships she has with her siblings and Kelley and I. She is always there to support each of us in the things we do and will help out any way she can....I'm talking about driving clear across town to just visit or to help with a project we have for going on.  
We wanted to throw a surprise party for her but candice's friends had already planned a big party for her on Saturday night. So I was glad she came over during the day so we could go shopping. She needed a new backpack for school so we checked those out at Target. I'm so proud of her for going back to school. This was a huge change to quit her job that she's had for 8 years and do school full time. She wants to get her degree in psychology and I think that will be perfect for her. She has started a new part time job working at a place where boys go when they need help and counseling for addiction and other problems. It kind of frightens me to hear what kind of sutuations she is dealing with.  She has such a tender heart, I know it will be hard for her to see these things, but if this is the field she is going into, I'm sure she will see a lot more. She is strong and compassionate though and I know she will do a good job there. 

And had to try on a few clothes too...is that a blanket ?  Clothes are weird right now.

Sunday after church she came over and we had a little party for her. Curtis and the kids came over too. KC got her this beautiful print. 


Cool new backpack with a pocket for everything

Cute new dress she liked from the Gap

Cat in space t shirt

We found a cute jacket for school too

I have been working on these fun dish towels  for a while.  I used one of mums  old patterns and they turned out cute. I think Candice liked them!

Cute little family


Leila and Benny got her these neat Harry Potter dolls

I was glad Kate made it home for Candice's birthday. I picked her up from the airport on Provo Sunday morning and made it back just in time to hear Mckenzie talk in sacrament meeting. She did such a good job and will be an amazing missionary.
Kate got Candice these beautiful flowers and a neat mug. We were missing Camilles family but had a real nice afternoon together. 
So grateful for this amazing soul I get to call my daughter.  Happiest birthday and all my love to you!


No comments: