Thursday, September 17, 2015



A few other things from the past few weeks...
A few weeks ago, Cindy B called and asked if I would teach a embroidery class for the Super Saturday coming up in October.  So I tried to come up with  a little pattern that would teach a few different stitiches.
 Then in my normal, can't leave well enough alone fashion, I thought I must have a few other different choices, so I stitched a few other projects.  Katie drew up this "You make me happy when skies are gray" pattern that was really cute.
Then Candice drew up this one that said "Have I done any good in the world today"  Then in my even more psychotic un decisive mind, I thought I had better take my whole book of patterns and let them pick what ever one they wanted.   Heaven help me, why can't I just keep it simple?

Anyway, I stewed way too much  unnecessarily over the whole thing.


 Katie was looking back through our old photo albums for some pictures  for Camille's birthday and came across this one of Kelley. ( Be still my heart!) He was sitting on his old Camero in mum and daddys' driveway.  Wow that brings back a flood of memories of when we were dating.  I'm sure glad this guy walked in the doors of ZCMI that day I was working some 38 years ago and had the guts to pursue me till I said yes. He tells me he knew from the first time he saw me that I was going to be his wife and he was going to do what ever it took to make that happen.  It's been a pretty wonderful ride and I can't wait to see what the next 40 years together bring!
Kelley built this beautiful cabinet for our family room. Him and Kate have been coming up with some pretty amazing pieces.  I just can't stop looking at this!

Jasen contacted Katie the other day and said he was going to be in Salt Lake this last weekend for a signing of his "Cokeville miracle" movie.  He said he would really like to see her, so for back up, Candice and I went with her, and we went to see him at the Deseret book up on Ft union.  
He is just so darn charming and sweet.  (He is working on a new project something with vikings...hence the interesting hair do) When we walked in, he got up from the group and came and gave us all a big hug.  We got to meet one of the girls who was actually in the school house when it was bombed and the producer of the show too.
We talked with them all for a while, then Jasen asked if we would go get something to eat with him when he was done with the signing, which was in only a few minutes.  We  went over to the Sweet tooth Fairy and got to sit and visit with him for about a half hour.  It was good to talk to him. He remembers all the family and asks sincerely about each one.  He had lots of stories about his life too...He is just one of those people that you can't help but love and no matter where our paths take us, I know he will always have a special place in the Jensen's  hearts.





No comments: