Tuesday, September 22, 2015




A few things from the past week...
So  a few weeks ago, I got a call from Marlo K asking me to come in to see the stake president the next Sunday.  I was glad he called just the day before so I didn't have too long to stew about it.Sunday morning at church Josh was giving me the eye and the big thumbs up, asking me if I had something special happening that afternoon.  He gets a lot of pleasure out of seeing me squirm.  Stacey was sitting next to me and said "are you going to see the stake president this afternoon too?"    Ha!  We both had an appointment  at 2:30.
So Kelley and I went in and met with President Despain.  He said Brenda Davis had asked if I would be her first counselor in the stake young women presidency.  He said they were calling Stacey to be the stake young women camp director!  
I don't know Brenda D very well, just from girls camp and them coming to visit our young women at ward conference so I was kind of surprised that she would pick me, but I was very humbled and honored to get to continue to serve in the young women program so I said yes. Stacey was excited about her calling and said she had a feeling it was coming.  She will be great at this!  She always has fun new ideas and gives 150 percent to whatever she does. 
( We might have been a little bit out of control when it came to overdoing on some yw events ...(gifts, decorations, activities, handouts, presentations, holidays etc)  Bonnie tried to reign us in and was the voice of reason in our presidency.  She was absolutely right too.  "Just love the girls...that's all they need" ( and don't stress about all the extra "fluff" 
I'm going to take that advice to heart as my motto as I begin this new calling.
That's another thing thats been pulling at my heart for the past few months.  One day when we were going to our institute class, Bonnie told me they were going to build a new house..  She had talked about wanting to move when we were in the presidency together...she has some neighbors that really give them fits and that has driven them to this decision.  We cried as she told me how torn she is with this decision.  They have lived in that house for over twenty years and are much loved by all who know them.  Randy served as Bishop a few years ago and Bonnie is just one of those people who goes about doing good without ever telling anyone.  I have watched her (one on one with the young women, listening,laughing with them, loving them, and with the older ladies in the ward too...helping them out of their chair and giving them an arm to hold on to.) shes just one of those people who always puts others before herself.
We became friends before we were even in the ward together.  We met at a stake relief society conference where they had asked Bonnie and I both to speak so we were sitting on the stand next to each other.  We started talking and immediately felt a sisterhood that we decided must have been formed before we came to earth. A few years later when they put our ward back with the 6th ward, Bonnie and I found ourselves sitting on the stand again, both of us speaking in Sacrament meeting.  We laughed about the fact that we ended up there again.  When I was called to be Young Woman president, her name came to me so strongly, I knew she was going to be serving with me. We had some great experiences and now have a heart full of memories I will ever be grateful for from our time together.
They did a sweet thing for her in Relief Society on Sunday.  Jana had a book for us all to write a note to her in and had got her a cool walking stick that she had us all sign our names on (Bonnies' passion is hiking)  Anyway, I sure hate to see her go...but I know we will remain friends no matter where she lives. 
I'm really wandering here...so anyway, Marlo called again this last Saturday and said they would like to set me apart on Sunday afternoon. Josh announced the change in Sacrament meeting and our girls were sweet to come give Stacey and I a hug after the meeting and tell us they were glad we were still going to be in young women!
President Despain gave me such a sweet blessing as he set me apart.  It was like he knew what I needed to hear. Sometimes My faith gets a little weak and I wonder if Heavenly Father really hears my prayers.  I pray for the same things over and over that I believe are righteous desires, but they seem to go unheard.  I know I need to trust in the Lords timing and don't mean to sound ungrateful...I have been so blessed in my  life, but after so long, I start to think He has forgotten about me. 
 President Despain told me in my blessing that the Lord is aware of my prayers and the desires of my heart and he will soon answer my prayers.  That really gave me comfort and a peace I haven't felt for a long time.  
It was nice to have president Cauldar, Stacey and Rick, Brenda and Jennifer in there too.  We talked to Brenda and Jennifer for quite a while after. They  are great ladies and I think it will be fun to work with them.  I'm ready for a new adventure!
 I















No comments: