Thursday, January 23, 2014

We had our first basketball game last Saturday. 
Tori had agreed to be the coach of the team (we were kind of bummed she didn't want to play because she is surely the best player on the team)
Anyway, I ran around with the team roster to all the girls house to have their moms sign it.  It sounded like we were going to struggle to get enough girls to play...they wanted to, but had other things on Saturday that they had to do.  A few were out of town too with it being a long weekend.
 
I got there early and Tori showed up right after.  I realized I had forgotten the team roster so I had to run back home quick. I gave the jerseys to Tori so she could get the girls fixed up as they got there.  When I got back, Calle, Heather and Chantel were there.  It was almost 11:00 so we were thinking we would have to forfeit.  Tori said she would play if we could just get one more player.
They were going to just have us play for fun even if we didn't get enough players so we were having the theme and prayer.  Just as they finished the prayer, in walks Mary Elizabeth!  We were so happy to see her!
Tori was cool about playing, so we had a team!  They had several older girls on the other team, but we still ran circles around them. The girls all did really great...there was no one to sub, so they all had to play the whole time.  I called as many time outs as I could so they could rest and they did fine.  I was really happy with the way they played.  Tori scored most of the points, but passed it out to the other girls and they made baskets too.  I was just really proud of all of them!




Last night I had the girls over to watch Ephraim's Rescue for Young Women.  We had a meeting with our presidency and the yw presidency and the young men leaders to make some decisions about youth conference first though.  Everyone seemed good with the plan of going to the Reid Ranch (kind of up by Strawberry).  The 6th ward had gone there about 10 years ago and had a real good time so Bonnie suggested it.  She had checked into it and it's pretty expensive but the Bishop was all about it if we could do a fund raiser to help out.  It's a really neat place with a lake, swimming pools, horse back riding, archery, and canoeing.  Everyone was coming up with ideas for theme and activities to help unite the kids (that's kind of a problem right now) so I'm pretty excited about it. 
 Anyway, the girls loved the movie...it's a real tear jerker.  Fun night...love these girls.


No comments: