Tuesday, January 14, 2014

 

My birthday was a bitter sweet day. Camille had to head for home that morning so that was really hard. We went out the night before and celebrated though so that was nice.
We went to Olive Garden (one of my favorite places!)  Curtis and his kids met us over there too.  Candice had made a reservation so we got right in.
After we came back to the house and had yummy mint Oreo ice cream cake (Kelley knows what I love!)  We had a good game of Racko and then Camille needed to get things together so they would be ready to leave in the morning.





 Candice had to say goodbye that night..that was a rough one.


 I stayed up that night and finished Olivia's little bed for her Julie doll.  Kelley had made it for Christmas and I got the mattress and bedspread done, but we were trying to make it look like the bed in the American Girl Doll magazine that had beads hanging down on the sides.  I have a lot of beads so I thought I could just string some up and that would work.  Well, it was a little more involved that that.  I started on them long before Christmas and they were super time consuming.  I recruited KC one night and he helped me till about 1 in the morning.  Then Katie helped me with some when she got here.  Each one was really pretty and when we got them all hung on the bed it looked pretty cool.  I had gotten a little distracted with it and spent time doing silk sheets and pillowcases  and cute pillows so I still needed to finish the top that last night.  It turned out pretty cute!
Saturday morning I got up early to make breakfast for the kids before they had to leave.  I thought they were going to leave around 8, but they didn't get on their way till about 10:30.
Man it was hard to say goodbye.


I just had to throw this one in cause I love Emily's face so much!
I think this was the sweetest gift I got for my birthday...Camille sent a picture of Olivia surprising her Julie doll with the new bed.  Had to sit and cry for a bit my heart was already missing them so much.

No comments: