Friday, January 10, 2014

A few more pictures of our fun time together...looking over these just fills up my heart!  So grateful I get to be grandma to these cuties.
 Sam in my snowboots...they weigh more than he does!

 One night we went out to dinner at Red Robin with Katie and KC.  Camille had taken her family out with some friends that had recently moved here from Arizona.
 Kelley had talked with his brothers and they decided they wanted anyone who wanted to, to go over to his dads house and go through all the books that were left there.  The brothers had looked through them and picked out what they wanted.  So we planned to meet whoever could come over there one morning.  It ended up just being Renea and Michelle and my girls and I. 
When we walked in the house, we were about knocked over by a horrible smell.  We thought Kims dog must have gone somewhere in there so we looked all over the house.  We couldn't find anything but just some dirty dishes in the sink.  Camille jumped right in and started cleaning.  She pulled out the big cupboard and the microwave cart and cleaned behind them.  She scrubbed the dishes and everything else that was laying around. It really improved the situation there.  We decided afterward that the smell may have been coming from the pipes that hadn't had any water running in them for a while.
We went through all the books left on the book shelves and the girls picked out a few.   There were several boxes on the carport full of letters and papers and notes and things Maxine had saved.  She really saved everything!!  It was fun to look through them and find cards and notes our kids had written to grandma and grampa.  I'm so glad they had a close relationship and so many happy memories with them. 
Oh anyway, while we were over there, Katie found these amazing old boots.  They were in incredible shape.  Kelley remembers them from when he was a little boy and his mom would dress him up as a girl for halloween and he would wear them.  They have got to be at least 100 years old.


 Lots of fun Racko games were played...I'm glad my kids like this game as much as I do!






 Liv and I visited the chickens several times....she didn't care if it was freezing cold outside.  I'm sure they have missed her.  They don't get loved like that from anyone but her.  Now that I think about it, they started laying eggs again right after she got here...they had been giving us only two or three and sometimes not any!  Now they are back up to about  eight or nine a day....Ha! love cures us all! 

 We can't get enough of this cute little bug. 

 Dress up fashion show and pretend wearing our reading glasses.  These two can make fun out of anything.


A while ago,  Camille sent me a picture that had this saying on it and said she would like to try to stitch this when she got here.  Well Candice saw that and went ahead and made this for Camille.  She has been making some pretty amazing pictures lately.  She's very creative and talented!  She made some beautiful things for friends and family for Christmas.  Those things mean so much to me because I know how much time and effort ( and love!) go into each one.
 One night just the girls were home ( guys had gone to university of Utah basketball game) so we decided to get some Cafe Rio and play racko.  Come to find out Emily is into Cafe Rio too.  I had been feeding her little pieces of my tortilla but she wanted more.  She grabbed my whole pan and pulled it right onto my (our) lap.  Ha!  That girl knows what she wants!  She started rolling  to get to where she wanted to be while she was here and then the last few days she would get up on her hands and knees like she wanted to crawl.  She could go backwards like a champ.  She also had her first tooth come through on the bottom too.  Seriously the best baby ever.  You could tell she was teething cause she would chew on everything, but she just hardly ever fusses. 
We all got the flu that last week they were here and it was a real doozy. Camille had had it for a while and was really feeling crappy.  I started with a little cough and chills, then it turned into a big cough and fever and diarrhea and aching body. My family was all so good and took good care of me.  I felt pretty bad for a few days, then I felt better but the cough has stayed with me.  very annoying.  Kellen got it too and spent a few days in bed.Kelley Came to bed one night and was just shaking from the chills.  His was more body aches and stomach problems.  I was just hoping and praying that the kids wouldn't get it.  But I think Emily had a mild case (stuffy head) and then after they got home, Olivia got it full on. 








 My handsome guys

No comments: