Thursday, January 9, 2014

We had the funnest family party the Saturday after Christmas.  It worked out good for our family because  everyone was still here from Christmas.  We missed Kelsie and Steve and Mark and Olya and their family(they have recently moved back east) Denise and Phil and Stacey weren't there either.  I think Phil and Stacey were worried about exposing the triplets to a lot of people so that was probably smart. Weston stayed home with Savanah and Sophie but I was glad Julie was there with Sadie.
We decided to have it at Teina's church since that was kind of in the middle for all of us. When we got there we started out playing Christmas carol pictionary.  It was a lot of fun!





 Then we went in the gym and played bingo.  It was good to have time to catch up with each others families and visit for a while.


 By about this time, everybody had arrived and we were ready to eat.  Everything was really good.  We had all the fixings for Pork Cafe Rio type salad, or burrito or pork on a roll.  I think everybody enjoyed.  I brought brownies, and we had them with ice cream and chocolate sauce. 





While we ate our dessert, the kids wanted to get after the pinata.  We had stuffed it with lots of goodies and tied it up to the basketball rim.  I think the kids had a good time swinging at it.






The time went by so quick and some of the kids were getting tired and ready to go, so we cleaned everything up and got ready to go.  We felt bad though cause we didn't have a chance to sing our Christmas songs together.  So while we did the dishes and tidied up the kitchen, we sang a few of our favorites.  We decided we would like to record our Christmas songs.  We have quite a few that we love to sing every year...ones that you don't hear anywhere else.  So hopefully by next year, we will have that put together. 
I think everyone had a good time at the party...I know I did.  Things are different now that mums gone and the house belongs to someone else...It's sad to think we can't ever go back to those wonderful times again.  But I think we can make new memories now.  It will take more effort to get all of our families together, but I know we all have the desire to stay close to each other so we will do it.  I had such a good feeling  of love for my sisters and their families as we drove home, and so grateful for my own good kids and sweet husband.  They were great sports and totally supported me in this event because they knew how much it meant to me.  Just really grateful to be part of this wonderful family.

No comments: