Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sunday morning our church changed to 9:00 so we had to hustle to get there on time.   Olivia was such a good girl!   She sat there with Kelley and KC while I led the music.  
We left after Sacrament meeting so we could get on our way.
A lot of this went on...I'm afraid I was out too.
Olivia was a real trooper though and didn't complain about the long trip.  She is so smart...we were playing the alphabet game and she made up her own version.  When she saw something outside that started with that letter, then she would count it...like mountains for M.  I didn't realize she knew the letters that words start with.  ( until later, we were watching a video in her car called "The letter factory"  It really taught  the sounds that letters made!  I asked her and she said that's where she learned it!)  
We decided to stay in Mesquite to break up the trip.
The place was really packed...I guess because of the holiday weekend. 
We were walking  across the parking lot to the Restaurant at Virgin River and see the doors to the building were propped open and there was water gushing out.
We went around to the other doors and went into the restaurant.  They said a pipe had broken.   We were about the last ones that were able to eat there because they said they couldn't do anything without water.  When we went back to the room, the water didn't work there either.  I called the front desk, and they said it was the main water line that had broken and they were working on it.
 It's kind of surprising how many times you go to use water.  We couldn't flush,  so after a while, went to Walmart to use their bathroom!  When we got back, the water still was not working.  I had wanted to give Olivia a bath, but that wasn't happening.  Oh dear, by this time her hair was pretty wild...I hadn't had time to wash it before church, so it was pretty scary!  ( I honestly took good care of her Camille!)
We watched tv for a while, then went to bed
Still no water in the morning, so we just packed up and left. (they reduced  the price for the room quite a bit, but I thought it should have been a freebie!).

We got to Camille's later in the afternoon.  It was really nice there...probably between 70 and 80 the whole time.  It felt so good to be warm!













Camille and Kellen's new town home is really nice.  They have a cute little back yard so Liv is anxiously waiting for "the dog".

Kelley and Sam equally enjoyed a game of "where's grampa?"


 Liv is non stop entertainment for Sam...no wonder he missed her so much!


We went to Scottsdale one day and did some shopping, visited the Pro Bass store, then out to dinner at a fun Mexican restaurant.


We happened to show up on family fun night and they had all these activities for the kids to do. That kept everybody happy while the guys looked around....hard to believe but there is actually some fishing gear they hadn't acquired yet...but they found some!



On my birthday, I woke up feeling a little queasy.  Camille had been slaving in the kitchen and had produced a beautiful German pancake.  I tried a few bites, then knew it wasn't going to stay down.  About the same time, Kellen, who had just taken Olivia to pre-school, called and said Liv had just thrown up in the car.  So I figured we must have both caught a flu bug.
Camille, Kellen and Katie had all had it in the past week too so I guess it was my turn.
I thought maybe I could just keep going and get through the day, but I soon realized I needed to stick pretty close to the potty.
I felt pretty sick all day.  Camille and Kelley took good care of me and got me whatever I wanted.  Finally about 5:00, I tried to drag myself out of bed.  Kelley and Camille had made a nice dinner of fajitas.  Camille even made me a cake! 
They had got me some cute clothes and some new pans ( I might have picked those out)
After dinner, KC started looking a little bit green.  A while later, he was puking his guts out too.  I felt so bad for him. He threw up all night long.
By morning, I was feeling much better and KC was feeling a little better.  We decided to wait till a little later to head to Kate's house ( since she was working anyway) and enjoyed another day with Camilles' family.  

1 comment:

Angie said...

Sorry you were sick and that darn flu bug was going around! It sounds like you had a great time other then that.