Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Day! 
We decided to just open a few gifts before we went to church. 
Liv had only asked for one thing...a pink sparkly bear.  I think it was just something she invented in her mind cause there was not one to be found in the stores.  Camille and Kellen had looked everywhere... but couldn't find one like she described.  On Christmas eve they found this one at Walgreen's!   It wasn't sparkly though, so we sprayed it with my sparkle spray.  Perfect!


 Sam liked the wrapping paper and the candy
Camille and Kellen found this cool antique plainer for Kelley.  He thought that was pretty cool.

Scooter! 
Fred called and asked if him and Renea could stop by. 
They came in with this jewelry box that Kelley had made in high school and given to Renea.  Inside it was a pretty necklace Fred had made for Olivia. 



 He had made some real nice jewelry for all of us.  Earrings for all the girls and a ring for KC. He is really talented and has made some beautiful pieces.  
That was so sweet and thoughtful of them,,,made Olivia feel really special.  

The jewelry box has turned into her treasure chest to keep all her special little things in.

 After they left, we had to hurry and get ready for church.  I had to go up early cause the choir was practicing before church.
Bishop Blake had asked me to speak on Christmas day about a month before.  I had sure spent some sleepless nights worrying about having a decent talk for this special day.
He said it was just going to be me and Bonnie Scharman speaking.  It was funny that he asked us to talk cause we had spoken at a women's conference together a few years ago. 
When we found out each other was talking, we decided we would compare notes before so we didnt' talk about the same thing. 
When I talked to her at the Relief Society party, we had both picked the exact same talk to take our message from!  What's the chances of that?  It was one from President Eyring about gifts. Ha!   I told her I would try to find something different. So I stayed with the same idea of gifts, but changed it to spiritual gifts.
I was unusually calm and able to talk as long as I didn't make eye contact with my family sitting  there on the front row. That was definitely a first!...I don't know how they got Kelley to sit on  the front row... but there he was.  It was pretty wonderful to have them all there to support me!

After church...(they only held sacrament meeting) we went home and I could finally relax and enjoy the rest of the day!







 Camille and Candice made the cutest thing for me....all of these fabrics are from grandmas old blouses. I'm going to hang them on the wall in my sewing room. Each of the fabrics brought back a memory of her. 
 We went over to visit with Kelley's dad for a while. 
It felt strange to not be going to mum's....like Christmas wasn't quite right. 
I think all the kids were feeling it too.
We sure miss her.
We had a fun night playing games and singing and just enjoying being together.

1 comment:

Angie said...

looks like you had a wonderful Christmas together!