Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I had the best day with my sisters yesterday.
We had planned on getting together cause Brenda and Leslie had work off for Martin Luther Kings' birthday. 
It hasn't snowed all winter, but wouldn't you know our luck...we were supposed to get a pretty good storm that day.  I called Brenda to see how the weather was up there and she said it wasn't bad at all.  Teina had a different story in Layton...that area always seems to get the worst of any storm.  We decided to give it a try ( We've definitely made it up there in worse conditions).
The roads were not too bad till I got to Bountiful...then they were covered with snow and ice.  I slowed way down and just crept along.  People were flying past me like I was standing still, but I didn't care.  There were so many wrecks along that road...and I was listening to the radio talking about how dangerous the roads were, so I just plugged along at about 40 mph.
Then I got to an area where it looked like the road was clear...just some blowing snow, so I sped up to about 50 mph. I was going along pretty good for a minute, then all the sudden, the car just goes sideways.  I was in the middle lane, and I slid across the fast lane and onto the shoulder of the road.  They had been saying on the radio to not hit your brakes when you start to slide, cause that makes it worse, so I just tried to steer out of it.  I had absolutely no control. 
Once I hit the far side of the shoulder, the wheels caught and I steered back onto the freeway.  I am so thankful there were no cars around me.  I would have crashed for sure. 
I was pretty freaked out, so I pulled over, calmed myself down and thanked Heavenly Father for not letting me die.
When I picked Teina up, I found out that she and Brad had both been in car accidents this past month. Brad totaled his car, and Teina's front end had been bashed in pretty bad.  Sure grateful neither of them were hurt!

My sisters gave me a great birthday party. 
They are so good to me, I'm sure lucky to have three wonderful sisters!


We went over to Firehouse pizza for lunch.  It was really yummy!  After lunch, we came back and cleaned out a few more places in the house.  The filing cabinet downstairs had lots of special things in it that grandma had saved...lots of sweet notes, valentines, birthday, and mother's day cards from all the grand kids. It was pretty sweet to look through them. 
 So grateful for the loving relationship all the kids had with mum and daddy.


Angie had made a special gift for each of us girls and for each of our kids.  It was a CD with some of our favorite songs that we sing together on it.  She had found some old tapes we had made years ago, and had them transferred to CD.  How cool is that?
I listened to it when I got home last night and it sure brought me a lot of pleasure to hear these sweet songs and think about these happy times. 
Mum sounded great playing the uke for us and the harmony in some of these songs is so pretty.
Thanks a million Angie... How did you know that's just what we all needed right now?  You are so sweet and thoughtful.  That's a gift I'll really enjoy and treasure!

I love how she put mum's beautiful begonias on the cover,  Perfect!


Yup...thats me.  I'm on a CD!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yay for birthday fun! I am glad you were safe that is a scary thing to have happen!! I am happy that you got the cd's yay!