Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I've got to break into my Christmas reminiscing to tell about New Years eve.
Liv and I had a fun day playing Chipmunks/house/school.  She was always Elenore, cause she was the cute Chipmunk, and I was Jeanette.  I was wearing my reading glasses to write some cards while we were playing.  Liv stares at me for a long time, then says, " can I try on your glasses?"   So she did...and decided that she would much rather be Jeanette, because wearing glasses was cool! 
She was wearing an old black pair I had but they kept slipping off her nose.  Then she saw these wild pink ones I had and they fit!  She would have worn them all day if we didn't tell her they could give her a head ache. 
When I was fixing her hair, she said she wanted it to be in a pony tail with a big poof...I guess like Jeanettes'.   I tried my best, and she gave her approval saying  " it looks just like Jeanettes when she goes like this... then she strikes a pose"  She cracks me up!
( oh and this is Liv in the school house/tent we made with my big cutting board)  She had it all fixed up with all her favorite things

 Then when aunt chewey came over,  Liv wrangled us both into playing school  ( she was the teacher and still Jeanette chipmunk of course cause she had the glasses on.)  That left me to be Elenore and Chewey to be Brittney. And don't forget about the other students...pink sparkly bear and American hair doll, Olivia.  She is just really funny and smart and has a great imagination!  . 
Snuggles and spinning with Aunt Chewey are awesome!


Later, we went out to Northrups for a New Years Eve get together.  What a fun night!  It was so great to see everyone and have a chance to sit and visit and catch up on each other's lives. 
Brenda had made such a nice dinner and we all brought a few things to add to it.
I was glad when Stix  and Katie showed up with Amalee.  Her and Liv had a fun night playing together. Dan and Brenda have a fun playroom down stairs with all the fixings for a  tea party, so these little girls were just in heaven.

 Marsha had brought  these coolest floating lanterns...just like from the movie "Tangled"
We all went outside  to send them off.  You just lit this little tray on fire in the bottom of them and as soon as they were filled with the hot air, they just took off up into the air!  They floated higher and higher till they just looked like a colored star up in the sky! .  Liv and Amalee  thought that was about the coolest thing ever.   




 Sure do love these great friends...

1 comment:

stacey said...

we were commenting on our way home about how blessed our lives have been because of this great circle of friends. Can't imagine our lives without them!..sure love ya