Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a few pictures of my sweet family.
Liv said she was decorating Sam. 
Princess sleeping....I love how she wears the eye covers...this girl likes her sleep!


Kate sent me some cute pictures she took when they were here at Christmas.






Oh my gosh, I'm going to eat him!

Lizzy has been very needy and clingy lately.  I'm not sure whats wrong with her.  When we were working on this puzzle, she wanted to climb right on my lap.  (She's kind of large and does not fit on my lap, so she had to settle on laying on our feet.)
The other night, I was awake ( as usual) about 2:00.  I came down stairs to get a drink and she was laying at the bottom of the stairs.  I reached down to pet her as I walked by, she didn't move.
So I went and got a drink and knocked a stack of pans I had washed off the counter into the sink.  It made a lot of noise!  I looked over there at Lizzy, she didn't even move.
So I went over to her and pet her and told her to wake up.  She just laid there really still.  Oh my gosh, I thought she was dead!  And I had killed her!  Earlier that day, I had cleaned out the fridge and had given her some meat.  It wasn't really old, probably about a week.
Ok, now I was freaking out.  I started shaking her and calling her name.  She finally opened one eye and looked at me.  She still didn't move. 
 I ran and got her some water and held it by her mouth.  She lifted her head and drank a little, then got up and drank the whole bowl of water.
She seemed ok after that...other than just being real clingy.
Oh man that scared me!  She can't ever die!  Then I wouldn't be grandma with Lizzy...just plain old grandma.
Lizzy has been about the best dog you could ever ask for.  She has kept me company, ( follows me where ever I go in the house, then plops down next to me  (will get up and come lick me every once in a while)....She's loved and tolerated Olivia and now Sam, ( she put up with Liv pulling her ears and pulling her feet out from under her when she was little and then riding on her and dressing her up when she got bigger...not to mention being taken for "walks" ( more like drags)  when they come to visit. It's funny though, she doesn't ever run away from them...just sits there and takes it.
 I can count on one hand the accidents she has had in the house and that was because she was sick. ( When she needs to go, she just comes and gives me this look...then when I say " do you need to go out?"  she will just make a bee line for the back door. 
When mum was here, she was so sweet with her...she would stay by her where ever she was...laying right on her feet.  It's cool how some dogs seem to kind of know what's going on... ( Wiggy, Waggles,  Mr. Wiggles, Wiggle waggle...I wish I could remember all the names she called him.) 
Lizzy is always there waiting for me when I walk in the back door and acts like she's just real happy to see me! I honestly don't know what I'd do without her.
Candice gave me a neat puzzle for Christmas.  It's a picture of Noah's ark...when you look at the picture on the front of the box, it looks normal, but when you put it together, all these weird additions show up.  I'll have to take a picture of it when it's done....it's a fun one!
 Plus a few projects I've been working on...
 Liv's Christmas jammies?
We went shopping together that week she was here and she picked out this ballerina fabric.  Hope she likes them!
Giant Panda
Liv was looking through my patterns and said she would really like this panda...or the kitty.   I tried to get the panda done while we were driving to Arizona, but it was just too giant.  I finished it up about the time we got home, so I'll be mailing him.  
I'll send kitty along for the ride.


1 comment:

Angie said...

love all the pictures but especially those cute little animals! Your so talented!