Tuesday, June 7, 2011

If there is anything virtuous, lovely...

Mothers and Daughters



Sunday morning I ran over to Leslies to talk to Faith and Aaron before they left to head up to Logan. I met Cleo half way as she was on her way over to see me.

She said she had been thinking of me but wanted to wait for a quiet moment to come visit so we could talk.

Cleo is a special lady that is very dear to me. We have been good friends ever since they divided the ward. Her daughter lives next door to me and is also one of my dearest friends.

I got to know her when we were in the Relief Society presidency together, then I got to know her in a whole new way when I worked for her at the flower shop.... We had so much fun!

She is probably about the most ambitious woman I know. She is always serving others and does what ever she does 150 percent!

Anyway, we talked for a while, then she gave me the sweetest card and this beautiful gift.
Love her!




These are a few stitchery's I have been working on this past month.




I was in charge of the Young Woman birthday gifts this year, so I tried to use this year's theme (13th article of faith) in a few different ways.




I have sure enjoyed making these for all the girls...hope they like them too!

This is a picture I made for Candice to go in her new house.

She had seen a picture like this on the internet and had sent it to me, saying she thought it would make a lovely stitchery. Well there you go! Happy House Warming!

(beautiful frame made with love by Candices' daddy)


Last night Kelley and I went to see 17 Miracles. It was kind of surreal to see Jasen as the main character, Levi Savage. He did such an amazing job.


Jasen has been a good friend to our family for the past ...6 years?


When Camille was working at Passages, she met Jasen's little brother. They became good friends and soon lined Katie up with Jasen.


Jasen was just beginning his career as an actor at this time and was going back and forth to California trying to break into the business.


Katie dated him off and on for a while, then she moved to California and would see him when he came there for work.


I wouldn't go into details, but just to say, after five extraordinary years (I kept telling Katie I hoped she was writing these experiences down, cause they were better than any love story I have ever read) , they have gone their separate ways. They still remain friends though and our family still talks with him occasionaly.


Anyway, it's great to see Jasen's dreams coming true. He is a good guy... the kind of person that you just love the first time you meet him.


I wish him all the best.










Love, love! loved!!! the movie! Reccomend it to all!



Watching the extreme hardships these saints went through (totally saturated two kleenex)made me think "What would I do if I was put in this situatiion...would I have the strength...the courage...the faith?



Kelley and I were talking after about how different the trials are for our families today....mostly spiritual and emotional...the temptations that are placed before our children are subtle and so deceiving, and some are not subtle at all...but this generation has become so desensitized, these things have become acceptable.



It's becoming more and more clear that we have to be just as strong, if not stronger than these incredible saints if we are going to survive these perilous last days.

No comments: