Friday, July 9, 2010

Looky what we found!

Candice has been looking for a table to put her sewing machine on (second hand of course) and wondered if I would like to join her for some DI shopping on her lunch hour. I love the DI! You just never know what treasures you will find there. Candice scored this time! Cute embroidery picture of a cat in a rocking chair, picnic basket, plaque of husband and wives responsibilities (very funny with ideas from early 1900's) and a cute table! It needs to be repainted but is well built and will work perfect for a sewing table. There are also some really interesting people at the DI. Some super friendly and nice...others not so much. As I was going out to my car to pull around to the back to pick up the table, there was a man standing there next to a fancy motorcycle. All the sudden he goes into this rampage yelling "What is wrong with people? Why would you leave a shopping cart right here!" (this is minus about 6 f words that he inserted randomly)
Then he picks up the shopping cart...yes it was a full size shopping cart, holds it up over his head and throws it up onto the sidewalk.I was just standing there with my mouth hanging open staring at him. Then I pretty much ran to my car...glad it wasn't my shopping cart, I may not be here to tell the tale.
I finished this dress I've been working on for about a week. I was kind of proud cause it was a real doozer of a pattern and it turned out pretty cute. I think what I liked about it most was the fact that after looking and looking for some fabric, I found this piece on Walmart's dollar table. 4 bucks! (The interfacing and buttons cost more than the fabric!)Stacey called me the other night and told me I could pick her raspberries if I wanted some... she was not going to be able to get to them. She's so thoughtful like that. My heart sure goes out to her. She is trying to take care of her dad, who is in such bad shape and in so much pain that their whole family is just praying that he will be able to die. Her mother has Alzheimer's and doesn't even know her anymore. Really a hard time for her. The dedication, service and love she gives to them every day is remarkable....and she still finds time to be a wonderful friend.


They had corn at Walmart for 10 cents an ear so I bought a whole bunch, blanched it, cut it off the cobs and froze it. Yum! (one chunk in the freezer bag, one for my mouth...)
When I've been running down the canal road lately, I've been really disgusted looking at all the garbage on the side of the road...so today I decided to do something about it.
I put on some gloves and got some garbage bags and headed down the road. Now that I was looking for it, I was really really disgusted! There was so much garbage! I had a bag filled before I even got half way down to the end of the road.
Seriously! Come on people!

I about fell in the canal trying to reach some of this junk, so I got what I could and decided I would come back with a rake tomorrow to get the rest.
I found a set a keys that looked kind of important down from Heugly's house. I tried to take them to their house, but their big dogs were growling and barking and started coming at me. I could see that going really bad...so I just backed away from their house...nice doggy? I'll have to call them to see if they are missing some keys.
Chris and Stacie came riding by on their bikes and Chris told me I was a good citizen for picking up the garbage. Ha! I don't think that so much...more of a selfish gesture on my part...it's just like when I go to bake and the kitchen is messy, well I have to clean it up before I can enjoy baking....or when I want to sew and my sewing room is messy and disorganized, I gotta clean it before I can sew. I can't even stand to sit in a messy room and watch tv ...don't get me wrong, I am far from a clean freak, but I just can't feel comfortable or relax till I've tidied up the place a little bit.
Anyway, now I can run, or walk down the lovely canal road and enjoy the beauty that is there, and not be annoyed by the garbage on the side of the road.

3 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

I love that you cleaned up the garbage on the canal. You're the best. I wanna be just like you when I grow up.

kat said...

You are definitely a good citizen and get the award plus the gold star for the whole month!!! You also are the best bargain shopper I've ever known...you told about 7 great deals you found in just one post! I love you mom.

stacey said...

I think I have one of the SWEETEST friends ever! Thanks for the raspberry jam..you were suppose to do some for you silly!
Love ya!