Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Can't believe it's Saturday again...where did the week go? Ok....a few things from this past week...
First and most importantly; Camille found out she is having a boy! Olivia called me and proudly announced that she is gonna have a brother! ..."I'm getting him a Buzz light year toy...Oh I think Buzz wants to get out of the box right now so he can play with Jesse!"
Only downfall...she can't name him Myra. I have felt all along that this was going to be a boy...Camille's pregnancy has been different, she's been much sicker and that's how I was with K.C. .
At first I thought I wanted Olivia to have a sister to grow up with but then I decided that this is the perfect situation because now we won't have to compare Olivia's adorableness to another girl. How could you??? Their little guy will have his own cute boy look... no competition...problem solved...the end. Also when I think of how great the relationship between K.C. and his sisters is...I can see Olivia being like that with her brother too.
I never really had a close relationship with my brother....He was quite a bit older than me. What I remember most of him was him throwing me up in the air, pulling me around on a sled, practicing with his band over in the old house, having to duck his head so he wouldn't hit it on the light in the living room, fighting with mom and making her cry, having me over to his apartment (didn't like it cause it smelled like smoke) to babysit his little boy.
I can remember the night the police came to the house and told my parents that he had been killed in a plane crash like it was yesterday. Still remember just how it felt. So empty and sad...just like the casket. Nothing to put in it...the force of the impact obliterated everything. Mom put a favorite picture of him on top of the casket. Now that picture sits in daddy's den on top of his desk. Always a bleak reminder when you go in that room.
Anyway, I think of him often and wonder what his life would have been if it had not been taken from him so young. My parents grieved terribly over him...as much for his loss of life as the condition of his soul when it left his body. He was not living the way he should have been and this was always a hard thing for them to accept. We didn't talk much about him...always stirs up a heart ache when we do. Hopefully we will be able to build a better relationship in the next life.
On to some happier news... I finally got my teeth! After about 9 months of a lot of anxiety, pain, and numbness...I have my teeth. Now we will have about ten years of paying for them!
It was a little bit awkward when I went in to get them put in because I had just let the receptionist have it a couple days before. She called me to tell me that we needed to pay another 3000 dollars for the crowns they were going to put on when I came in. WHAT???? She said
" Oh we thought you knew that the implant is a totally different charge than the crowns. How would you like to pay for that?" Well lets see, I'll have to make arrangements to sell one of my kidneys first...would that be allright? Seriously I was so mad I just went off on her. I told her about how awful the whole experience had been...starting off with having the endidondist do all this horrific work on that area, only to have Dr. L. tell me that the tooth in that area was broken and couldn't be repaired...and that tooth was hooked to a bridge, so we just had to replace everything! Then when I went in and had him put the implant in...my mouth and jaw became totally numb because he hit a nerve. "Oh it will go away after a while...just be patient." So I waited and waited and waited. It didn't get any less numb. So I called him and he said to come in and have the implant removed. That didn't feel very good, and it still was numb. He said it would surly get the feeling back soon now. Well after about a week, it started to get feeling in it, and has gotten better since. Still not quite right though, kind of tingly.
Well after I got the feeling back, he wanted me to come in and have the implant replaced. I was really nervous to do it, but at this point, I have no teeth so what do you do?
He was reeeeeeely careful this time...kept checking the xray so he didn't get close to that nerve again. Anyway, then there is the waiting time, where the implant is supposed to grow to the bone. That was a long 3 months. Gosh I'm glad it wasn't my front teeth...what do they do with that?
( I apologized to the receptionist when I went in there...not her fault!) He put the new crowns on the implants (Not as easy as it sounds, had to laser off my gums cause they had grown over the implants...not pleasant) and I am now the proud owner of a full set of choppers. Candice and I went to see the new "Eclipse" movie on Tuesday. Jenny was telling me about how her sister in law rents out a whole theater for the premier. She asked me if I would like to go and I said "YES!" She said she could get some tickets for Candice and I.
It was a lot of fun! The movie was better than the first two...different director, better special effects, and better acting.Candice and I decided we would go to the farmers market this morning. I got some hyacinths for the pond, a purple pepper and some yummy cherries.
Some new entertainment...this guy and his didgery doo
This cutest little boy playing the violin with his mom
more huge dogs

This girl was selling chickens and chicken coops...I still want some...as soon as Kelley has time to build a coop!
After the farmers market, we hit up a few garage sales. I found an antique cake taker for Candice. It was pretty awesome. I have owed her one for about a year now. Debt is paid.
These are pictures Katie and Camille sent me from their trip to visit California. I can hardly stand not being there with them...but I'm glad they could get away and spend this time with Kate. I tried to get a plane ticket, but they were just too much on a holiday weekend. So I will just have to enjoy the pictures and look forward to when we can all be sitting there on the beach together.






2 comments:

Angie said...

so glad you got your teeth finally done! It seems that has drug on forever:( I hate reading in grandma's diary about all the trouble Bruce was. I dont know if mom told you that his son Shawn graduated from Utah State the same day as Phil? It was weird to see him and know he is a cousin I dont know.

stacey said...

yeah for another BOY!!! yippee! Can't wait to meet him! Hope Camille's feeling better! annnd...yeah for the new teeth! So glad it's on the mend.