Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A few more pictures from Camille and Katie.....so glad Camille could be with her...really tough weekend for Katie. Wish so much that things were different for her...I guess it all comes down to free agency and choices people make. Nothing you can do about it....just gotta keep having faith that her day will come. Can't really put into words how my heart aches for her.
If that face doesn't cheer you up, what will?Had a real nice Sunday. Good fast meeting. Karen Terry told about how she had gotten a call from her daughter, telling her that her two year old daughter had drowned in the neighbor's pool. After much resuscitation efforts, they had gotten her heart beating again. She was unconscious when they rushed her to the hospital. After many prayers, blessings, and putting her name on the prayer roll at the temple, she regained consciousness...perfectly fine.
Paul N. bore his testimony too. He's just a really good kid. It looked like he had already taken on the mantle of a missionary while he was standing up there. When he came down and Martha was giving him a hug, I was taken back a year ago, to the Sunday before K.C. left on his mission. K.C. and I were sitting there in Sacrament meeting, ( he was still , with his dads encouragement, trying to kick my shoe off) we were both thinking about that being the last time we would be sitting together like that for about two years. I can still remember the special feelings we shared that day as he would look over at me and I would smile at him, but then start to tear up. He put his arm around me and I could see he had some tears too.
I can't believe a whole year has passed since then. It's so great to see what the Lord is making of my son. Gina told me that Chris is already a different young man than the one who left a month ago. Pretty cool what a mission can do for a person...for those who they give the knowledge and blessings of the gospel to, and even as much for growth and change in their selves.
Anyway, I do ramble.
I was teaching YW today and was so glad when walked in and saw Candice sitting there. Kelley came into my class too. I really appreciated the comments they made....pretty much made my lesson. I especially liked something Candice said about being true to yourself. My lesson was on Honesty and that comment took it to a whole different level....to what really matters! I'm so glad she was there...and would share that with the class.
What would I do without my sweet family? Love them so much!


Came home from church and dug out the old box of VHS movies I had recorded when the kids were little. There are some classics...Robin Hood (the cartoon) Bedknobs and Broomsticks, 1001 Rabbit Tales, The Sword in the Stone... wow all the words and the songs come right back to you! We had fun reminiscing and laughing with them.
It was nice to be able to pick some fresh herbs from the garden to make a yummy pasta salad for dinner. The garden is growing like crazy... got a whole bowl of raspberries too.


When I was looking for some things on Honesty for my lesson, I came across this Sacrament meeting program from 1987! That was when they just formed our new ward and I was the primary president. Wow that feels like a life time ago. It was fun to look back at the kids that were on the program and the leaders who were in the ward then too. So much has changed since then, but I still have great love for those ladies I served with. I think that's just an extra blessing you get as you serve....a love and a bond with those people that will never leave you.



1 comment:

lessdirtydirt said...

I think i'll come over this week to watch Sword in the Stone.