Thursday, September 10, 2009





Just thought I would post K.C.'s emails. It is so great to see how much he has grown in the past two months. His faith and and gratitude for the opportunity to serve are a great example to me. Even though I am still having meltdowns (took some things down to the basement and had a flashback of all of us sitting in his room the morning he was going into the MTC, as he gathered up last minute things and got ready t0 leave. Katie and Camille were reading his Patriaracle blessing and bawling. I was pretty much basket case but trying to hold it together and not let him see me cry too much. His excitement and positive attitude were amazing! ) Anyway, as I was remembering that morning, I had to sit down and cry for a minute...not like before though, not tears of worry and fear and sadness at his leaving, just tears of joy and gratitude for the opportunity and blessing it is for our whole family to be a part of this special time when he is able to serve this mission.

Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 17:11:33 +0000> > Hello family! Hows everything going? Thanks so much for the emails, I love Tuesdays.> Mom- I got your package and those were just the pants that i was talking about thanks so much for the snacks too, i love those cookies. I heard that the toothpaste in Russia isnt very good so I need you to send me a 2 year supply of varrying types of toothpaste...is that too much to ask? and maybe also included in that package could be some more mangos I loved those. Thanks for taking care of my plant to, i knew you would. Hatsumi's address is senamia22@yahoo.co.jp, and you can charge my phone and get her number too it you want. I dont know if blair got his call yet im really excited for that though. Im glad to hear about the tomatoes, hope your not ovewhelmed. I cant believe Nancy and Dave bought you Shopka's! thats way nice of them. Im glad to hear Leah is doing better too, she would try to do her visiting teaching. Tell Paul i love him and that i hope his foot gets better, im glad that I was friends with him too. Love you. ps i have no idea where that remote is, sorry maybe buy a universal one> Dad- I loved your letter, I needed that. I never really realized what a blessing it was to have living apostles in the early until I had that meeting with Elder Scott, I cant imagine what you meeting was like, sounds awesome though and Im glad you had the opportunity. That put a big smile on my face to hear about Brother Myers, I will pray for him, sounds like he love you a lot. Tell Spencer that I have lunch at 11:30 and that I usually eat around the windows on the left side. LOve you.> Candice- you have a birthday card coming in the mail soon. and Tell Megan thanks so much for the email. shes so great, i know shes way busy so it means a lot that she would send me an email.> Kate- Thanks for the mail this week, I read those verses you were taking about in D&C 93, and in class we were reading John 15 and It says something similar, You should read that chapter, its way good. Love you, I Hope everything is going well and that youre happy.> Camille, Kellen, and Olivia- I hope you guys are doing well, and that school is going well for Kellen. Love you guys.> This last week has gone by pretty fast. I have been reading a lot in the Book of Mormon, I cant believe I ever didnt feel like reading it, its my favorite thing to do now. I need to read Preach My Gospel too, but I always end up reading BoM. The language is coming along really good, I think Im starting to really understand it. We'll see though, I taught the 2nd lesson last week which is plad of salvation, and it was the first time that i had really felt the spirit while teaching in Russain, we taught about WoW and it was awesome. This week we are teaching about tithing, Im excited. Im really happy here so dont worry about me at all. I love you guys, tell grandma and grandma hello from me, and the ward.>
Tuesday, September 01, 2009 11:36 AMTo: Candice JensenSubject: Hello Hey guys! How are things at home? from what I read it sounds like theres a lot going on. Mom, thanks for the email, something about hearing from my Mom just makes me happy. That hacker thing sounds crazy, Im sorry you had to go through all that trouble. Do you know if grandma and Phill got my letters? Phill wrote me a letter and gave me a bunch of advice, how nice. I will send some pictures in a letter soon. Im glad the reunion was fun. I love you . Maybe in the next package you send, could you add that maroonish sweater with the hood thats all knitty and my pair of Jeans? Pretty please. its getting kinda cold in the morning. Thanks for taking care of my plant, i wish i could have seen it bloom. I knew you woud take good care of it.Candice- Happy birthday! sorry i missed it, but it sounds like it was fun. I really hope it was, love you.Dad- Im going too kick Russian in the head. I will pray for Leah and Jake, that makes me really sad to think of them being sick. If you see either of them tell them that I say hello and wish them health. Thats so great that the Meyers came to church, did they come to the Luau? You have a great ability to fellowship people. Also glad to here that the garden is doing so well, how is the pond? Did you get things furured out? ps. your the best rat killer i know. maybe i will use some of the skills i have learned to kill some in Moscow.Camille- Thanks so much fo the package, now I dont need to punch you in the neck. Unless you want it. I loved the pictures, they made me smile a lot. That camel really didnt have legs. Im so glad to hear that Olivia is doing well, Hows potty training? Sore subject? I love to hear that she prays for me, that was the best. and she knows what im doing. I hope your having tons of fun with her all the time. Thanks so much for the mail. ps i love vanilla tootsies.Kate- I love getting your dear elders, it makes my night so much better to know that you are thinking about me. Youll figure out the camera, its not so hard. You can get a manual from the interweb, im looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Love you.last tuesday Elder Scott came and talked to us, it was sooo awesome. He gave the best talk and blessed us, as an apostle of the Lord, with the gift of tounges. How cool is that? And he bore his testimony at the end and it was the most powerful testimony ive ever heard. So i found out that im actually leaving earlier than i was expecting, september 28th. I was excited at first but then i realized that I dont speak Russian and now im scared. But i just need to have faith that the Lord will bless me, I know he will, he already has. Im teaching the plan of salvation in Russian tomorrow and im not quite ready, i need to pratice and pray a lot. I still havent seen spencer. do you know where he works exactly? Last night we practiced talking about the word of wisdom and asking someone to stop drinking and it was way hard, I hope that I get better at it before I have to do it for real because im sure that almost all of the people i teach will have some problem with the word of wisdom.I cant really think of anything else I want to say, love you.Elder Jensen
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:27 AMTo: Candice JensenSubject: HEllo family Hey Familiy! Thanks for all the emails, I just got done reading them. Mom, what happened to your email address why did it get hacked? I never recieved any answer on that. Im so glad that the Luau went well, thats always kinda stressfull, hopefully you guys didnt get too stressed. I wish I could have been there to enjoy some of that food...im sick of mtc stuff. Candice, I hope you supported Rick with his PT cruiser with flames idea, hahahaha did you keep a straight face? I dont think I could have. I would love it if you would log on to my face book and get a photo from Erica Takagi, there should be one of all of my friends at our church. I would love that. And this morning I went to the temple and ate at the cafeteria there, which is delicious. I got an omlette and some oatmeal for only 2.75$. ya loobloo hhrahm! thats i love the temple in Russian spelled in english letters so it looks way weird. Mom, I didnt recieve an email form you today but I have heard that you are writing me quite the letter about Eternal Marriage, and I cant wait to translate it, it should be good practice. I got your package yesterday and I like all of the ties that you picked out, thanks so much for bread too, it was great. Love you. Kate, you could never send me too many letters, so dont worry about that, just keep them coming. I got your package and I appreciate the oreos! Ya loobloo oreos! If you wanted to pray for something specific I can think of a couple. First, I have to memorize this really complicated chart in order to speak Russian and not sound like Im dumb, so if you could pray for me to remember the things on that chart that would be great. And second, for me to be more bold in sharing what i know is true, Im just not that bold like that, you know me, but I need to be, so please pray for these things, thanks so much. I see Jeff just about everyday, its really nice to have a little bit of home here, you know. And i still havent seeen spencer. :( Dad, Nice job with the Luau it sounds like it was big success. You and MOm always do a great job. Tell Leah that I hope she gets better and that I will pray for her. How sad! Im actually surprised that this is the first thing that has actually broken on the boat, with you and DAn combined it really is a miracale. How are things in the ward? I love you.Things are really good here at the Mtc, we taught our first lesson in Russian last wedness day, and it went awesome! I love Russian. I just wish it wasnt so hard. I realized the other day what makes it hard. The thing is that they dont say the same things that we do at all, so you can rarely transtlate each word from english and have it make sense. for example if you have a question you have to say "At me exists a question" and to say you like something you say" To me it is pleasing..." so when ever you learn a new word it seems like you cant use it unless you know a new grammar rule...kinda frustrating. But its coming along. I feel like im forgetting lots of stuff, i get letters from you guys all week and i think "oh i need to mention that in my email" but then when it comes time to do it i forget...so sorry if ive forgotten something. But i appreciate all of your letters. and this is a warning to camille if you dont write me letters im going to puch you in the neck! Love elder jensen
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:36 AMTo: Candice JensenSubject: Hacked? Mom, How did your email get hacked? Maybe one of Colenes free things? Anyway, I cant beleive you guys got to have such a great experience with Elder Bednar! I cant wait to hear more about it.( I print your emails off and read them while im logged out, so you dont have to make them super short, just say what you want to). Things are going really well here, I cant beleive its been a whole week, time flies. This morning my Elder O'Bryant and I went and did sealings of the temple, I did this because I wanted to gain a stronger testimony of eternal families. This is such a beautiful thing! I deffinitely want to go back and do it again. It deffinitely helped with my testimony, but I had an Idea, maybe mom and dad and camille and kellen could tell me thier testimonies about eternal marriage and families and i could translate it to russian to share it with the people over there. because ive never been married before, but I think the real experience of people who are will bear strong wittness to the truth of this principle. so could you guys do that for me? and Kate and Candice can to because they are also part of an eternal family. Just an idea. So this week all of the Elders who have been here for 6 weeks longer than us left to Russia and Ukraine. and they had to leave a bunch of stuff behind so their bags could be light enough. so basically our room is littered with lots of junk and food and random stuff. Its been pretty fun. I got your package, thanks for all the stuff. My companion loved the popcorn balls. We sat and enjoyed a few together. I Miss your cooking. Ive been having fun here, there is this one elder in our district who tellls crazy unbelievable stories and then expects us to beleive him. so we laugh at him a lot. on s he told us that his baby sitters cat (first of all never start off a story with "my babysitters cat") got run over by a car, so they burried it and then 4 days later the cat was up walking around their house and it lived for 9 more years. hahahahaha I love him, but that one was kind of hard to believe. Tell stacey thanks for the email, i appreciated it. Maybe in the next package you send you could put some more of my ties in it...im kinda sick of some of mine. We are teaching the 1st lesson in all Russian tomorrow. I think we are pretty well prepared though, so im not to worried, pray for me to have the spirit while I teach. Because I know that with out the spirit the lesson will be no good, and the spirit also helps us remember the truths we need to testify of and it works in Russian too so that helps. Kate, I did bring vitamins and I got even more from the "free box" so im good for a while with those. And I love the stationary, since when can you make your own stationary? Mom, its really true that we cant pay the Lord back but I feel like I'm doing my best right now and it feels good. Candice, sorry about the teeth, that sucks way bad, but my wisdom teeth didnt really hurt at all, just be sedated. Dad, I cant wait for that letter telling about your meeting. Camille and Kellen, Hows Life? I am going to need to hear more from you. Hows olivia? potty trainied? Love you guys. I still have like 2 minutes left but I dont know what to say. I know that this is the Lord's Church and that he loves all of his children. Temple work is the best, it really just shows that he love everyone. Elder jaekjrawnr

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing his letters he cracks me up! I am glad he is able to have these experiences. Is there an email address I could write to him?

Paula said...

Hi Angie
You can email K.C. at kcjensen@myldsmail.net
I know he would love to hear from you. Thanks!