Wednesday, September 9, 2009

cha cha cha changes

Last night I went to my first meeting with the new stake Young Women's presidency. It actually turned out to be a meeting with the stake young men's presidency and high council reps. Andrea Miller is the new president and her counselors are Ida Hunt and Nikki Priest. I had never met either of the counselors before but they seemed real nice. Ida brought her daughter that is about one to the meeting and it was pretty hard to keep her entertained for two and a half hours! She ended up leaving before the youth committee even got there. Then only about four kids came to the youth committee meeting to plan the next activity. Sometimes those meetings are really lame. I could tell Andrea was getting pretty irritated by the way things were being run. She is a "real get down to buisness" kind of girl and I don't blame her. So much wasted time and just goofing around !!!!! We finally came up with the idea of having a standards night with a speaker. They wanted to have Mark Scharman talk about choices and consequences. I think that would be good if it works out. After the meeting we were trying to find a time when our presidency could get together to plan the upcoming stake leadership night in october. Everyone is so busy or going out of town or has things with their kids. We finally came up with next tuesday night later after other things were over. This is going to be a big change for all of us. Andrea has been the stake sports director and they still haven't replaced her so she is doing both jobs. No wonder she is way stressed out!
I know I need to give it time to get to know these new ladies. There was just a different feelling there...I miss my girls. Shawna and Jody and Kathy were so very committed and wanted to give 100 percent in everything they did. It was just an amazing experience to be able to work with them. I learned so much from them and will miss my association with them... I think after you have served together like that you have a bond and a friendship that you can't get any other way. We had some pretty special experiences together and I will always treasure the time we had together.

2 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

I love how your family is experiencing K.C.'s mission together. What a team!

Angie said...

That is a hard thing trying to get along with different people after having such great ones! Good luck and I know eventually you will be as close to them. I hope at least:)