Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Candice!

Ok, so just to start things off here, this is what you get as a FREE gift if you spend a gozillion dollars at Dillards. No kidding. I was so excited. Especially when Kelley wanted to wear it. Thats all I have to say about that.


What I reeeely wanted to blog about was my sweetie Candice. It was her birthday on Sunday. She turned 23!
She came over and we had a little party. I hope it wasn't too lame with just the three of us there. We got Katie, Camille and Megan on the phone to sing happy birthday.



Monday night we went out to dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. Candice's favorite. We were talking about times when we made our mother's mad. I told a little story about when I was a little girl and I was pretty naughty and yes I made my mother plenty mad. It's one of those times that is forged into your memory that will never leave no matter how old and forgetful I am. Anyway, they found it quite amusing and pretty soon Katie and Camille knew all about it too. I am sure Kelley would have text K.C. if he could. Kind of wish I would have kept that one to myself.
These are all of Kelley's attempts at taking our own picture. (He has the longest arm, you would think he would be the best one for the job)






Then Candice gives it a try...perfect first time.




Sure glad that Candice is part of our family. What would we be without her? She makes us laugh and is about the most loving, thoughtful person I know. She is super supportive to her siblings and to Kelley and I. I can't stand to go a day without talking to her. She makes me happy!Candice has been through a lot in her young life. She has had her ups and downs, but she has worked though them and become stronger because of them. She has grown into a beautiful , confident, funny, loving, sensitive, and delightful young woman, and I'm always proud to call her my daughter...my friend.

4 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

Cute post! Happy Birthday, Candice! What a great tribute your Mom wrote about you!

kat said...

I fully agree...Candice is the best and I hate a day when I don't talk/text/email/bbm her! 23 rules! xoxo

lessdirtydirt said...

Mama bear! I love you :) I'm proud to be yours.

Angie said...

That was a very sweet post and I agree Chewy is the bomb! So glad she is my cousin:)