Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So I guess that knock on wood thing really works. When I was up to moms, we went over the hospital to get her Pro-time checked. There was signs all over the hospital reminding people to get their flu shots. Mom asked me if I had had my flu shot. I said "I never get one...because I just hardly ever get sick." I guess that was when I was supposed to knock on wood. Monday I woke up at 2:00 a.m. (not unusual) but I woke up sneezing my head off. I could not stop sneezing so I came downstairs and watched the food channel till about 5:00. I kept on sneezing and my nose was running like a faucet. I felt kind of crappy all day Tuesday, with intermittent sneezing fits. Then that night it really set in. I had chills and fever all night. I was driving myself crazy with all the sniffeling and snorting, I can imagine Kelley wanted to throw me out the window. So I went downstairs and tried to get comfy in the big green chair. My head was just so full of boogies, and my throat hurt, I just wanted to go to sleep, but I don't think I slept more than 30 minutes the whole night. (Got to see lots of 'unwrapped" and "chopped" and Iron chef America.) I came up to bed when Kelley was getting up for work. Bad night.

Anywho..I got a cold. I can't complain too much though because I really do not get sick very often.. I try to take my vitamins faithfully and I think that helps. I need to do better at wiping off the shopping cart handle with the wipes they give you. I bet thats where I picked this up.

Enough whining. I seriously have nothing. Last night Kelley comes running in the house and said that Jake B had been in a horseback riding accident. The horse had gotten spooked and fell back on Jake before he could get out of the way. That was about all Kelley knew till he got to the hospital. He said Jake had broken his back, ribs, and face. They were getting him ready for surgery. Oh man, I feel so bad for him. He has had some other health problems lately and just recovered from a hip replacement. He is just a really special guy and has been a great friend to Kelley. Kelley said the first thing Jake said when Kelley got there was "How is K.C. doing?"... are you kidding me? But that is just how he is.

Then there is this:


We woke up last thursday and looked out the front window to see a big stupid for sale sign in Larsen's front yard. That seriously just makes me want to cry. My heart just aches for them and this hard thing they are going through. I'm also feeling selfishly sad because I love their family and can't imagine what it will be like to not have them there anymore. They have been the best friends and neighbors anyone could ever ask for. Wish there was something we could do to make things be different. I told Candice I was going to go outside when they were showing their house and act like a crazy neighbor lady (not too much of a stretch) so it would scare buyers off. Candice said she would be happy to host a kegger in the front yard if it would help the cause. Hey, it's worth a try.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am sorry your sick that stinks! It seems like every time I do get a flu shot I get sick whats up with that? Oh I am knocking on wood right now:) I hope you feel better. Have you ever heard of the nettie pot? Its the most disgusting thing ever but it clears out your sinuses like you wouldn't believe! Look into it cause it really works. If you get a chance look at my blog I am doing another giveaway:)love you

stacey said...

ohhh how I'm with you on this one. I stopped Sherri the other day and told her that was the stupidest, dumbest, ugliest sign I have ever seen and to get rid of it now! She cried! Yeah i'm awesome!:(....hopefully he'll get a job before it sells. My heart aches for them! We can all act like crazy neighbors together...no stretch for me either!

kat said...

Mom, I love you. did you try the nose spray today? Why do I have to hear about big things like jake from your blog? throw me a bone here!