Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wonderful Day










Sunday was a pretty special day. Kelley, K.C. and I met with the stake presidency and high council before church. They asked K.C. to tell them what he knew about his mission, and to bear his testimony. It was pretty amazing to hear this guy that has always been so timid and quiet and hated even the thought of speaking in front of people, stand tall and speak confidently and from his heart about how he felt about being called to serve the people in Russia.

Then they asked Kelley and I to bear our testimonies too. I was having a pretty hard time controlling my emotions, and needed some kleenex, so Kelley comes to the rescue with his big red university of Utah hankie. He loves to flash Utah paraphernalia any chance he can get in front of the BYU fans. (97% of the High Council) It was good comic relief anyway.
Sacrement meeting was pretty special. We had wonderful support from so many friends and family. The building was packed and really noisy! I wanted to record K.C. speaking so mom could hear it, but when I listened to it, all I could hear was screaming kids. dang it!

Bishop Burns had asked K.C. to talk about service. He just sat down one afternoon and wrote the whole thing. I kept teasing him that he needed to take half the time cause there was only him and Doug Buhler talking. He said he would probably only take 5 minutes. Well he got up there and talked for about 20 minutes and gave one of the most beautiful talks I have ever heard on service. I think everyone there was pretty surprised to hear him get up there and talk like he did. It was like all of the sudden he was not my boy anymore... he was a humble, spiritual, strong man with an amazing testimony.

The rest of the meeting was really good. A friend of Jaydene's played a violin solo of "A poor wayfaring man of grief" It was amazing and fit in perfectly with K.C.'s and Doug's talks on service. Doug's talk was really good too. (scary thing; last week Doug had an aeorta displacement while he was at a camp with his boss. He is doing better now, but very serious condition)

Anyway, after the meeting was over, we visited with people there at the church, then came home to get the luncheon ready. Candice and Seth had left a little early to go get things set up and I was sure glad they did. That was a huge help to me! Our friends and family were so great to help out by bringing yummy salads and desserts. Then they helped with getting everything ready to serve too! It was just a wonderful day, being able to visit with and feel the love and support of many friends and family.

I was so glad that Candice brought Seth to the meeting. We enjoyed talking to him and getting to know him a little better.























These are some of my favorite people in the world. Somehow Camille's friends just became part of our family and I think they will be for life. K.C. really loves these guys...he has kind of grown up with them. So glad we could track down Dan. Haven't seen him for a few years. He has a new sweet baby and seems like he is doing well.







































K.C. has a very diverse group of friends. Not all church goers, but good kids. K.C. is very non-judgmental and accepting of everyone. I know that will be a hard thing for him to not be able to see his friends. They spend a lot of time together and are really close. I am so grateful he has good friends...I think that can make all the difference in the world in a young person's life.





A funny thing happened the day K.C. left. Mark told Kelley that he had heard Taylor downstairs just cussing at K.C. Mark went down and asked him what he was thinking. He said " I just don't know why K.C. won't respond to my text messages. I can understand that he can't call me, but you would think he could text me back!"
We all had a good laugh at that one.
























Holly has been so sweet and supportive. She brought K.C. a beautiful missionary journal with his name engraved on it

I was so humbled by the generous financial and emotional support so many people gave to K.C. We are so blessed, We are so thankful.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Aw, you know I love you guys! How is K.C. doing in the MTC?